How monogamous are vampires?

Willow Danube

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I was told that vampires are too evil to be monogamous. So, does this apply in Second Life too? Do you jump from one vampire partner to another just like the rest of the normal residents?

I asked because currently I'm in the market  hunting searching for a new man because that biker dude thingy didn't worked out in the end (my chest wasn't big enough to fill out the latex 'gloves' for him... ) so I'm thinking if I should start dating a Vampire instead.

I have met a vampire once who was pretty decent, smart and articulate but he worked as a prostitute in Second Life so it was a big NO for me. Now, we are just FFF (Facebook Friends Forever).

I don't want to be turned into the a vampire... I like inter-species relationships (kinky!... me like!). It might also be a good thing if this vampire lives in the opposite time zone of mine since it will be easier for us to meet when it is his wake up time and mine as well. I don't think I would be good enough a lover if I'm half asleep in front of my couch...

But I can tell you, I am a very honest loving person and what's more?... I have recently checked my Hemoglobin level and it reads 15mmol... which means Mr.Vampire can suck up to 2 pints of my blood without killing or turning me into one.

Anyway, is it possible for me to have a monogamous, loving relationship with a vampire preferably alpha male vampire in Second Life? Do you know anyone who have had this type of relationship and still is together? What right do I have as human if I found my vampire partner is cheating with another vampire? What happen if I cheated on him with another vampire in his clan? Is there are clan rule that disallow vampires to form a spiritual and emotional bonding with a normal human?

Sincerely asking questions,

WD.

((Sorry for the grammar and spelling mistakes.. I have to go to the rest room, like fast))

I don't think vampires are any more monogamous or promiscuous than any other person in SL. It is true, there is often a lot of dating-drama within clans, but you never know, you could find Mr. Right (Vampire) for you. I think  you would enjoy becoming your future paramour's blood doll. I was my husband's blood doll for a while, and I enjoyed it very much. Maybe you could try hanging out in different vampire locations and chat a few up. Vampires, in general are a bit more eclectic than bikers (no offense meant to bikers, my husband is a biker/vampire) in regards to their taste in women, so I'm sure you could meet a very nice gentleman vampire who will think you are lovely.

Good luck in your search Willow

Thanks Tracy,

I was wondering if there is a meeting ground/sim for vampires and human can co-exist with each other? I am a little intimidated by dark castles and graveyards or open coffins.

What do you mean by eclectic? I read somewhere that vampires sees human as food. What did you do to make your husband fell in love with his food?

Oh yes, stay away from those sparkly Edward-types. I mean, really, he's centuries old but STILL goes to High School. I loathed high school for the mere 4 years I was forced to go, I can't imagine willingly repeating that pain and torture. 

What I mean by eclectic, is there are different kinds of vampires, and their taste in women is varied. For instance, I've found Italian vampires really ( I mean REALLY) love redheads. I've run into a few Italian vampire lotharios. My experience with Italian vampires is they really aren't in a relationship for the long haul, so maybe proceed with caution if approached by one. They'll charm you, romance you, maybe give you a little love bite, but they never call the next day.

Now Willow, what you have to understand, the human-vampire relationship is somewhat more complex. Humans are not just food to vampires. There's a great line from 'Moon over Bourbon Street' by Sting, "I must love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love".  Vampires can certainly fall in love with humans. It's just unfortunate that humans also provide a food source. When I met my husband, I became his blood doll. If you do a bit of research on blood dolls, you'll find that they're a little bit different than some humans. They're very cherished among vampire communities. They are known for their ability to regenerate blood more quickly and plentifully than a "normal" human. Sometimes they are kept as "pets" but are able to roam about freely. 

Vampires hang out at different places. Clubs are a good place to find a lot of vampires, but you may only run into 'good time Charlies" at those places. If you're a little nervous to venture into a vampire sim by yourself, maybe take a friend. Occasionally, you'll run into some thuggish brutes, but most vampires are much more civilised and will treat you with respect should you wander about into vampire territory. 

Vanpanimous.pngI believe Vampires are extremely magnanimous which means you have a fantastic chance of building a beautiful relationship with 1, 3, or 5 of them at a time!...

No wait, magnomonomous means even numbers, but only when referring to Werewolves, so I think I'm still right about your Vampire chances... no no, I'm sorry you must have meant polygamonopotomous, right?...

Good grief, but you don't live in Utah... actually since you were worried about "spiritual and emotional bonding" you must have meant monotheisomy, in which case I'd have to say good luck in these decadent days...

You know me though, I'm and eternal optimist and I'm so hoping you find your Five Vanpanimous Friends and have all sorts of fun!

Enjoy your voracious vocabulary verbiage ;)

Lanas

Willow Danube wrote:

Please, Venus. Stop pointing out the obvious..! It is not always about Kirsten and Robert.

Sometimes, it's about Sookie and Bill.

I'd like you to for once go and click on the next True Blood season 4 ads that gets posted about 2 or 3 times in a day in the forums.

...And when does it get to be all about ME AND ERIC???? Someone tell me PLEASE!!!! I've been waiting for soooOOOooo long!!!! :matte-motes-inlove:

Vampirecouples are most of the time stupid. I mean really stupid.

"Oh, I'm an undead monster. I hunt for blood to stay alive and kill people without any mercy. Please marry me, I'm so lovly deep within my cold dead body."

Happy vampire couples are something for teenagers and sparkling losers.

I also hate the idea of vampires having babies or falling in love with their meal. :matte-motes-sick:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.