I downloaded the new SL and still cannot get into it. I get an error has occurred and has to close

KatiaSebastian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

Hello Katia. We had asked you to post the error message you get and you can't log in. You had a delay to edit your post (22 hours) so i assume that we forgot you. Sorry about that. So, the error message you get is "win_crash_logger.exe..."

Give a try to clear your cache manually:

Delete all contests at the following folders and restart your computer:

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Remarks:

• Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)
  • If you want to keep your private conversations which are saved in your computer, copy the folder with your nickname to another position in your hard disk. The folder is: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife \ katiasebastian_resident
  • If you have more than 1 viewers installed you must to do the same with all, following the same paths in your hard disk. For example: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer
  • About Windows paths: C:\ = Your hard disk, you find it if you open "My computer". Where you see backslash, follows a folder into the previous one. They exist if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7. If your OS is different, post back here informing us about.

If this solution does no work for you download a T.P.V.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.