Sim Parcel Permissions

Axman Baxter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings - I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, so if anyone knows of a better location - i'm all ears.

We have a sim that has a number of parcels on it which is being used for classes.  I have a new project where an instructor wants to do an excercise over the entire area of the sim - but all of the students need build/rez rights.

Is there any easy way to make this happen?  Right now each on of our parcels has a different group owner and there are about 12 or 13 parcels.

As a follow up to that, even if I went and added all of the users to the 13 parcels, will that even work as expected?  Will they just be able to build accross the sim, or will thay have to activate the group for the parcel they are currently in?

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome - thanks!

Those rights need to be set within the group settings under Roles.  If the sim is broken up into groups, each group would need to be set to allow building.  The only people who would be exempt are the estate managers.  They would have to have the appropriate group active to build for each groups parcel.

You will have to make them all members of all the different groups to build all over the sim.  And if the adjacent parcels have different group owners, they have to build within the parcel.

You can eliminate the problem by allowing "all residents" to build on all the parcels during the class.  You can restrict entry to the sim during this time using the estate tools.  You could create a group if the students aren't in one already and allow access to the sim to the group only during the class period.  You could also just add them all to the estate access list temporaritly and not have to do this..  Personally, I'd lift all the building and object entry restrictions, add them to estate access and close the sim to the public during their class period.  It is probably the least amount of work for you.  When class is over just put everything back to the way it was.

The other option is to have the land owners reset their land permissions to allow Everyone to build.  They would also have to set Allow Public Access if they lock their land access to a group and they would have to remove any automatic object return settings.  They could maintain the group ownership of the land and reset the other permissions back after the full sim exercise is completed.   The downside is that you will have a sim-wide public sandbox from a security perspective during that period of time.  But you would not have to do anything with group roles or permissions

--Cinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.