Thing you would like to see change or updated in the Bloodlines system

Spike Clemenceau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As a hybrid father of a lycan, I remember insisting and pushing the lumen shots (moonshine) until it actually got scripted and sold on the bloodlines platform and which we (as a hyrbid / lycan family of two) felt it was missing

But is there something that you as an active user would like to see either removed, improved, changed or updated?

I could certainly do without the emotes button in the vampire hud and add for example glamoring, which is in the human hud but not on the vampire hud 

I sort of like the emotes :) But the glamouring, yes we need that!

I already posted this elsewhere, but I'll repeat about wanting the forever protection amulet to be scaled smaller for female vampires. It's a really cool piece, it's just scaled too big on me. I looks wonderful on my husband though lol

I'd also like to see humans have the capability to 'hunt' vampires to add more challenge to the game.

I use the coffin and the sarcophagus frequently to supply blood and lumens to some of my minions.  But the maximum amount per transfer request is limited to 1 liter for the coffin and 10 lumens for the sarcophagus. Sometimes I have to do 4 or 5 transfers for a single avatar. It is tedious and a pain in the a**.  It would be great if the maximum transfer amount of one liter was raised to 5 liters for vampires and 50 lumens for lycans.  I frankly do not understand why this option was not available from the beginning.

I think people are still getting carried away by the initial "grief" bloodlines users caused during its first year, that like most said, forced some SIM owners to ban bitting and vampire huds from their venues. There are still -like in most systems- users that simply won't abide to the rules of common courtesy when interacting with other avatars.

I can make a long list of examples of other non-vampire systems that do cause more grief than the random bitting requests that seem to annoy -which I have suffered from new users myself and I can understand how getting an unrequested bite can be invasive-, but it'd be going over and over the same topic that has been discussed already on here.

Don't like vampires? don't become one. don't read vampire forums; live and let live

I don't like RVL or the whole slavery -consensual or not in second life-, or people sold like cattle on human auctions, so I simply steer clear from Gor or anything related to that. There are people who like the lifestyle and get something out of it, much like us vampire / lycans / hybrids users on the bloodlines platform. 

International data protection laws vary from country to country but there is something that it is clearly stated and common for them all-

"Establishes requirements for notice,
consent, accuracy, security and
access"

The minute you get a random bite request and if you have not been joined into the database, you get a VERY CLEAR warning on local chat that you are about to join the system, accepting the bite can be defined as consent. If you somehow feel that your data has been mishandled by the creators and would like to be removed from it, I agree that there should be an option to do so other than the garlic necklace, yet again, consent is also used -and lots more information and potentially dangerous too at that- given by users day by day and stored without being able to be removed by social networks such as Facebook, for example.

Like I said, don't like bloodlines or secondlife vampires? don't be a part of it and find a way to be removed from it, but I feel that posts such as yours, in a forum and with topics that are simply intended to openly discuss a lifestyle in secondlife that is enjoyed in good fun by thousands of users is simply not the right place for it, addressing the creators/programmers directly on your issues and suggestions would be a more appropiate mean to do so and would certainly get you more results

We've gotten lots of suggestions for the hybrid HUD, but don't have plans to release one at this point. However, everyone's input on this might make us change that.

Ethan, you're exactly right about the coffin and the sarcophagus. We will do an update so you can have a 'fill to max' option.

Jesica, that would be really cool to have vampire hunter weapons in war. We would actually like to have vampire hunters in the game at some point, so maybe we can make the vampire hunter weapons work in war as well! Great suggestion!

Pserendipity, I'm sorry you're annoyed with our vampire game, but your accusations of criminal activity or that we're involved in some kind of fraud are baseless. Maybe you could look up the definition of 'ponzi scheme' and 'pyramid scheme' before you accuse us. I recommend wikipedia for this. :)

Thanks for everyone's constructive suggestions for the Bloodlines system!

I'd like to see some way for the recipient of a bite request to rate the vampire, particularly the ability to give negative kudos to vamps who request bites without initiating any RP with their victim. I have yet to be approached by a vampire who has role-played an attack, seduction or so much as engaged me in conversation prior to sending me a bite request. That's maybe a dozen requests in the last couple of years, all in non-RP settings, all handled with less skill and sensitivity than your typical SL beggar.

If Bloodlines truly is a role playing system, why can't these poor RPers be rated negatively to shame them before their peers? 

I would like an evolution of the blood scanner to make it a more useful global clan stat reporting and management item.

Here are a couple of the features that I have in mind :

- Listing of the names of souls released in the abyss by destroyed clan members.

- Listing of the names of minions that haven't their souls owned by a clan member.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One thing I would love to see is the ability for destroyed souls to count negatively on the liege.  So far, the destroyeds count negatively for the clan only, and are deduced from the total count - I would LOVE to see the same being seen in the statistics on a persnal level as well.

For example, the total  soul count (and therefore the one counting upwards) to be affected by the number of destroyeds.  If I have 10 souls and 2 are destroyed vamps or lycans or hybrids AND lieged to me, my total soul count should be 8.  Destroyeds are no good as they are really made inactive and often alienetated form the game totally - and far too many are being made - embraced in a hurry, untrained, only to have 3 liters taken away and then never to be cared for. Those who find themselves unable to feed, for any reason, can well be made back human.

I strongly believe number of destroyeds should have an impact on the players' statistics as well.

I personally would like to see folks RP and do away with the annoying game. Since, that is not going to happen due to it being a money maker, I would like to see inactivity cause "souls" be deleted from the data base after 30 days.  Not only is it fair to the unsuspecting and the newbie soul, it is much more fair to your new bloodlines plays, and it keeps your "Elders" out and hustling and not resting on a pyramid like scheme, where new folks can't get very far. 

While it hasn't happened for a few months (maybe my request was finally heard and my "soul" is out of the "abyss), I am rather tired of getting contacted by Bloodline people, whom I don't know, wanting to rescue my soul.  My soul is perfectly fine and in the greater scheme of SL a senior soul to most of yours! 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

i recently had my soul traded my great liege trixxi starr ( excuse name dropping ) went and got it right back for me dont know how she did it, but she did tell me she had to trade another soul for it which i was troubled with cause i dont want my liege having to lose another soul to get mine can you not drop the having to trade a soul rule electrum is expensive if you are buying it should not have to lose a soul aswell, also this is going to sound like a naff idea but i thought of asking my liege to get soul back by destroying me then  resurect myself so my liege could then get my soul out of abyss and i know the 2 souls i have would let me recover them out of abyss anyway i was thinking if a vampire gets destroyed could you not have a destroyers leauge so if you were last vamp  to take vital from vamp under 0.75 litre that vamp got a 1 credit to destroyed list and also when you scan someone instead of saying  destroyed it would say destroyed by. Just putting idea out there

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.