Lyle Maeterlinck

Vampires vs. Lycans

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In your RP, do you have a war with Lycans? If so, why do they fight? I suggest it could possibly be because they both feed on humans, and want to destroy the other race so they can have all of the humans to themselves. So, it would essentially be a war for control of the humans, and the humans would be caught in the middle.This could present interesting challenges for humans who are in vampire or lycan clans as blood donors.

Do you have a different Vampire vs. Lycan story? Who do you think would win?

In the sim I roleplay in, they do indeed fight. I think it's a power hammer thing. They want to flex the biggest muscle.

And lycans would win, all the way. Especially if the vampire sparkles.

I was roleplaying in a place called Toxia, but there's a lot of OOC drama there so i don't recommend it.

WHERE I am now, is The Fallen. It's very new so the story is still inching along. I haven't seen any 'fights' yet (no meters, it's all rp, which is nice), but the website explains more of the backstory than I can provide. From what I read, Vampires are dominant over Lycans.

Webbie: http://the-fallen-rp.webs.com/

Taken from the website, a little ditty:

"Evolution has came with a high price for the Lycan race. Sorrow and tragedy. This once beastly race fought a merciless war with their Vampires enemies. But centuries of war has not been kind to their werewolf ancestors. While their vampire foes continued to evolve, welcoming technology and change. The werewolves fell stagnant in their barbaric and uncivilized ways.

Between 1600-1750s, reports swarmed the World of mass werewolf migration. What those of the outside assumed was migration was infact a pilgrimage. Faced with inevitable extinction of the werewolf race at the hands of the vampires and humans, something led them to this part of the World. "

I'm actually playing a 'shapeshifter' in this sim. I usually go for demon or human but I thought the unique change of race was cool. You should check the sim out sometime!

Very cool logo! I like the idea of clans that have both vampires and lycans in them. In Bloodlines, they're called Hordes.

As vampires and lycans have similar goals, I can see a lot of stories you could create where they work together, using both of their strengths. Having hybrids also makes for interesting situations in the case of a dispute between vampires and lycans. Hybrids could be peacemakers, or another race entirely who could compete with lycans and vampires.

I like the idea of hybrids and a separate being or an evolved race of creatures. I think they should have their own name instead of being called hybrids. Maybe a name that could come from a storyline of their genesis.

Vampires are unnatural undeads, lycans are natural life stenghs. Vampires are feelingless, lycans are headed by their drives, Vampires use the human society and lives in towns among humans, lycans live in the wild and live away from humans. The most cuning vampire will be on the top of the hierarchy, the stronger lycan will be the pack leader.

Who can believe that the peace can rise?

Hybrids are torn between these two sides, they are rejected by each kindred, are homeless and suffer the distrust from all. They created their own groups between the political system of the vampires and the lycan packs. Banned lycans and vamps who don't know where to go often join these hordes.

Times are changing, some old artifacts appeared again.

Lycans get closer and closer from the towns, The moment to choose a side is coming for the hybrids.

Some rumors pretend that the "Chalice of Undeath Tricks" and the "Talisman of Gaïa" have been seen. Beyond the mystic powers of each of them the "Book of the two kindred" says that the one who will get both of them will lead his race to the victory and enslave the other.

It does not matter if they actually exist or not, the quest and battle for these relics will be painful and bloody.

Lib.

Im lycan all the way and in my roleplay vampires and lycans do indeed fight.  I dont have a particular sim that I rp at or with.  My partner and I are both lycan and we generally have our own rp going.   However, the fight between vampires and Lycans is not really what i wanted to comment on.

In reading some of the previous posts I see people referring to Lycans as "werewolf".  This is so incorrect in my view.  Lycans are much more then meer werewolves.  The biggest difference being a werewolf can only change from it human form to a werewolf in the full moon, and lycans can change at will.  Lycans are superior to werewolves in many other ways as well.  Lycans are stronger, faster, skilled hunters and fighters, driven by rage not just the moon phase and above all....more dangerous.

I know some people who are lycan rp this role as being a werewolf.  However, in my opinion, I am no werewolf.....I am LYCAN!

i've always had my soft spot for the leeches ;P

i enjoy playing wolf, even played a werelion once, but I just find the challenge in playing vampires thrilling :D

I am Lycan however my pack is peaceful and we do not fight Vampires. I do however enjoy RPing the Lycan lifestyle and enjoy enrolling others so that they may enjoy the roleplay with my pack.

Zeldonix wrote:

I am Lycan however my pack is peaceful and we do not fight Vampires. I do however enjoy RPing the Lycan lifestyle and enjoy enrolling others so that they may enjoy the roleplay with my pack.

necropost.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2011 at 8:24 PM, Seremela Saunders said:

However, in my opinion, I am no werewolf.....I am LYCAN!

Totally agree!

5 hours ago, JoelTyrone said:

Totally agree!

Apparently you are bored and decided to just come make a few nonsense posts on some old threads.  Okay, then.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.