Vampires: To turn? To keep as a blood donor? Or to kill right away?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When you have a victim, what criteria do you use to determine whether you want to turn them to a vampire, to keep them as a blood donor, or to eat them on the spot? What qualities of a person would make them a good vampire or a good blood donor? Do you eventually turn blood donors after a certain amount of time?

SL is supposed to be a game, and Bloodlines as well.  As a result, no one should be forced to be what they may not wish to be, or make them do what they can't generally succeed in. (A good vampire in my standards is someone who, aside from any numbers, can be a supportive and caring liege, even a creator of more good vampires - but then I consider this as a psychological game (on the recruiting phase) and a social game (after having joined).

Since Bloodlines is an excellent game for the formation of social groups, I much prefer and respect  a socially positive (or, non-negative) human to a negative, whining and drama-producing, egomaniac vampire/lycan with a great number of souls.  Socially positive humans may well occasionally hunt for the group and definitely contribute to training, support, etc. of new members.  And I 'd never press a human to be embraced/enraged.  The more carefree role of a human (donor or not) can be as beautiful - and to me, equally respected. I would never press a human to be a donor either.  We are best at what we really like doing - and this IS supposed to be fun too -  no?

Since snatching humanity to increase my blood wealth from embracements is the last thing I care about, the following conditions should be met for an embracement/enragement to take place, in my opinion:

a - The human must have some good knowledge of sl (thumbs down at vampires who can't even put their shoes properly on or are ignorant of the basics regarding sl and go hunting to create equally ignorant minions) and a very good knowledge of the Bloodlines game.  I may be arrogant but  I feel sorry for  Bloodlines Kings who do not know how much humanity an apple gives back or have never heard of the existence of the Bloodlines site, etc. Knowledge is power - not ownership of souls, lol.

b - The human must be able to survive after embracement - eg. pay for the apples of the human(s) who will support him.  Unless a vampire is just a leech, lol... There is a huge difference between a proud vampire and a leech.

c - The human must be able as a person (and in practical terms as well, eg, time avaible) to train and support and care for minions if he /she intends to be trusted with their souls.  He/she will be dealing with real persons, not numbers or pixels. (Unless, of course, we are talking about buying / making alts, which is a different story.)

d - With knowledge of what it may entail, the human must really wish to be embraced. 

The eternal death of a vampire/lycan is often a road full of work, disappointments and sadness.  Facing it all like a true undead rather than a leech, will definitely enrich one's SL experience - even, in the long-run, his/her RL one.

PS. I happened to stumble upon a BL profile - over 2k personal souls, 106 vampire minions and only ONE out of 106 (!!!) was NOT destroyed.  Yes, destroyeds often happen, but what is the use of creating an endless line of destroyeds, of "failures"? Does that make one a successful, proud vampire liege?  And, in the end, it isn't even making money for Bloodlines, to have so many players alienated from the game as 'failures'.

I let the individual decide for themselves if they want to be a doll or a vampire. I give them the information, and let them choose. Some people like being a doll. It's a very special place of importance within a clan, right? I was a blood doll for my husband for a while, and I really enjoyed it. Then I was ready to become a vampire...so I became one.

The choice to become a doll, vampire, or lycan should be left up to the individual.

Thus and Tracy, thanks for your thoughtful comments! I agree that everyone should be able to decide whether they are turned or kept as a blood doll or donor. I believe that willingness is something that must be present in a Blood donor. However, it is sometimes possible for this to be obtained through "glamouring" humans into it. Do any of you use vampire glamour or hypnotizing in your RP?

I'll go over previous stated points but adding than the turning and whatever you choose to be is indeed an individual choice. Forcing or "nudging" through a particular procedure never ends well in my personal experience and opinion. Having humans around is benefitial for a clan, but so are vampires, hybrids or lycans.

We can advice as older members and from our own personal experience what we believe is best or at least what worked for us, but it is the turnee's (or at least should be) the turnee's choice in the end

I'm used to tell them to wait a month, maybe more to be turned to full vampire , or lycan, as i think they need first to learn the game and the way to hunt in the best and fair way ... as many are new resident, i like to be sure they understand that to be under the curse will suppose to feed themselves, wich cost money as i don't allow random bite request just for the blood . so better taking a few days , month , to be sure they can afford it , if they can't they stay blood dolls :)

best regards to all :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.