Your favorite Second Life vampire story

Lyle Maeterlinck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Cinnamon, no one has to spend money on anything if they don't want to. It is a rumor about Bloodlines that you have to buy a potion if you get bitten, and it is false. If you're playing, you don't have to pay to get your soul back, it is actually impossible to get your soul back. If you're not playing, then you don't have to be concerned with this. No one is required to play.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

belladonna Wexhome wrote:

PS - For over 2 years now, Bloodlines Players have not been able to bite any avatar under 14 days old who first does not put on the Bloodlines HUD.  So the biting 0 day old avi's has been gone, for a very very very very long time.  Most people in Bloodlines do not send out random bites, in fact, most people in Bloodlines discourage it.  To judge a thriving, creative, active community
based on the actions of a true minority
is really quite narrow minded.  I know how Bloodlines has enriched my SL experience and that is all i can speak of.

If it is a minority how in the world can so many people have received so many bite requests to the end that so many residents equate vamps with griefers?

Lyle Maeterlinck wrote:

Hi Cinnamon, no one has to spend money on anything if they don't want to. It is a rumor about Bloodlines that you have to buy a potion if you get bitten, and it is false. If you're playing, you don't have to pay to get your soul back, it is actually impossible to get your soul back.
If you're not playing, then you don't have to be concerned with this.
No one is required to play.

If I need not be concerned then

A. Why am I in your data base and

B.  Why should I need to wear a necklace?

You fail at logic.

belladonna Wexhome wrote:

Actually, it doesn't equate vamps with griefers, it equates griefers with griefers. 

So you agree with me that most Vamps are griefers.  Cool.

k, i need to get out and vote.  wasted too much time listening to someone pretending to care about Vampires when what they really care about is making money.  Or is that why sometimes greedy people are referred to as 'blood sucking vampires?'

I'm going to say this, then it's off to RL work I go... 

The game was offered to the public. We, the Bloodlines players, as a whole, turned it into what it now is. Thousands and thousands of players, most good, some bad. And as I said before, it was those "bad players" who gave Bloodlines the name it now has. I wish that you had all met the ones that WERE honest, and DID explain things before biting. I believe that if you had, you would have had a much better Bloodlines experience. I'm Queen to my family. Although, I don't really use that word to describe me often, I do head up that family. And that we are. Through merges, separations, etc etc, we have stood together, stayed together, loyal till the end. How often do you find that in say, modeling, or clothing design. Or even Breedable animal companies? Not often. I'm not bashing, just using those as examples. I've met some jerks along the line, sure, who hasn't in their lives, whether it be SL or RL... But then, I've met some wonderful folks as well... And those, are the ones I choose to surround myself with. It has nothing to do with making money, who does what best.... It's a game.. and either you play it, or you don't, the choices are always yours. I'm sorry that you've encountered people that made it less than good for you. Just remember, out of every group of Bloodlines players, there will always be far, far more good players than bad. And you just haven't randomly gotten bite spam from them. Why? Because we're honest. :) And keep in mind. Bloodlines DOES offer that option to inform you when someone wishes to bite you. Other games don't. 

On that note, off to work I go. Hope everyone has a good day, and this turns back into the forum it was meant to be... discussion of the vampire life in sl... and that means all systems, not just Bloodlines :) 

Calliope Larkham wrote:

I'm going to say this, then it's off to RL work I go... 

The game was offered to the public. We, the Bloodlines players, as a whole, turned it into what it now is. Thousands and thousands of players, most good, some bad. And as I said before, it was those "bad players" who gave Bloodlines the name it now has. I wish that you had all met the ones that WERE honest, and DID explain things before biting. I believe that if you had, you would have had a much better Bloodlines experience. I'm Queen to my family. Although, I don't really use that word to describe me often, I do head up that family. And that we are. Through merges, separations, etc etc, we have stood together, stayed together, loyal till the end. How often do you find that in say, modeling, or clothing design. Or even Breedable animal companies? Not often. I'm not bashing, just using those as examples. I've met some jerks along the line, sure, who hasn't in their lives, whether it be SL or RL... But then, I've met some wonderful folks as well... And those, are the ones I choose to surround myself with. It has nothing to do with making money, who does what best.... It's a game.. and either you play it, or you don't, the choices are always yours. I'm sorry that you've encountered people that made it less than good for you. Just remember, out of every group of Bloodlines players, there will always be far, far more good players than bad. And you just haven't randomly gotten bite spam from them. Why? Because we're honest.
:)
And keep in mind. Bloodlines DOES offer that option to inform you when someone wishes to bite you. Other games don't. 

On that note, off to work I go. Hope everyone has a good day, and this turns back into the forum it was meant to be... discussion of the vampire life in sl... and that means all systems, not just Bloodlines
:)

Calliope, I'm quite sure you are right. Most Bloodlines members are likely lovely people. You are rightfully frustrated by being painted with the broad brush of Bloodline's scorn, but that's the reality, as admitted by Lyle. And Lyle finds the results of the social experiment, which includes our scorn and your frustration... "Interesting".

Please don't confuse opinion of the system and its creator with my opinion of you!

Hello Lyle,

First off, I was very pleased when bloodlines introduced the human hud, because it gave dolls their own special hud. I enjoy playing bloodlines very much. I hope to see more human and vampire interaction within bloodlines, because I think this help creates a more interesting story. I'd actually like vampire hunters to be introduced into the game to create a real challenge.

Hello Lyle, while it's on my mind, I thought I would mention one other thing. The Forever Protection Amulet. This is a really nice looking piece. It looks great on my husband. However....I don't like to wear mine because I think the scale is too big for women. I'd like to see a more scaled down version. I don't mean make it 'girly', but it would be nice if we could choose to wear a smaller size for the female. Thanks :)

No i most certanly would never rsend a random bite and if i found out that  any of my minons had done i wouldnt be happy

I think this is now gradually dying out in bloodlines,

maybe get the odd new player sending random requests though their lieges not teaching properly but slowly and surley i thinnk we are managing to eradicate this happening.

hazy Cygnet wrote:

Most despised but have u actually seen how many active players they are in the game , Maybe cast your eye on that.

lyle you do a great job and i wont hear a word against any of you .

I have cast my eyes and counted. See message 5 of this thread. I have not said a word against anyone.

hazy Cygnet wrote:

OMG just stop it wow thay have done a great job and would be foolish if they dindt make money from it i think a congratulations is in order in gcreating such a well thought out game jelousy am afraid will get you no where

Uummm... Your aggressive approach may have the opposite effect of what you are expecting.  Usually attacking someone and accusing them of jealousy only serves to make you sound unreasonable.

A public forum should show both sides of an issue.  Discounting other views will not help your cause.

Cinn

P.S. Spell check is located at the top right of the respond screen

Actually.. i have noticed in my many years with Bloodlines and seeing it grow from a few thousand people when i was first bitten to tens of thousands of players over the years. As an Avatar that works for Bloodlines i would have to strongly disagree with your assessment ot that statement.

While Mars and Lyle created the system, they are not responible for the minority.(yes that word again) of players that are only woried about their numbers. While most people in teh Bloodlines community are the good type.. i do come across a few that are less then polite when it comes to finding victims. I have also met avatars that have created numerous avatars so they can bite them for the soul and drain them for the vital, and throw that "empty husk" away.

As a few people here have said. to fully enter Bloodlines is purely voluntary. yes.. when your avatar gets bitten your avatar name is on thier webpage as a person tehy have bitten. the only way it goes further is if you purchase the HUDs.

Also, I have played many RPs out there in SL. and like many things they all end eventually. My involvment in Bloodlines has put me in contact with a wide array of people, some bad, but most good wholesome people that just want to enjoy thier personal RP within Bloodlines and SL. it seems that when all is said and done as far as RPing goes in SL, Bloodlines seems to have lassted long after many of the others have passed.

It has endured many things over the years, our Sims are sometimes overflowing with people socializing. And of course where you get a lot of divers people in a location you will get a griefer or spammer that only thinks of themselves and harms the reputations of all others in the same group.

But as it seems you are convinced in your stance being the right one Perrie. As another person said also in this forum: at least our system does give you the option to receive the bite, i do not believe any of the others do.

hazy Cygnet wrote:

OMG just stop it wow thay have done a great job and would be foolish if they dindt make money from it i think a congratulations is in order in gcreating such a well thought out game jelousy am afraid will get you no where

Stop what?  Calling a spade a spade?  If you can't stand the light, don't go out in it.

A.  I have no reason to be jealous.

B.  Congratulate someone for suckering people?  You've got to be kidding.

C.  If you can't 'roleplay' being a vampire without the assistance of a game I feel sorry for you.  Actually, it appears to me that you've been 'gamed.'

D.  If you look real close you may see there is something called 'spell check.' on the post message board.  It might lend credence to your posts if you were to use it.

I'm out of here.  I've got a Second Life to go live and enjoy without listening to so much bologna.  

My favorite Second Life vampire story isn't an rp storyline.  It is the evolution of a friendship I made.  A chance encounter led me to a very special person that I have grown to value.  He is a vampire and part of a very small clan.  He was upfront with who he was, assured me I was safe to chat with him anywhere at any time as long as it was night - lol.  We have had many long discussions about good and evil, about whether it is possible to be wholly one or the other.  We have had long discussions about his long life, how he thinks of humans and the beast he harbors (and embraces) that is a part of him.  In return he has listened to me go on and on about the joys of humanity, the worth of individuals, the struggles we deal with daily and our mortality.  It is a friendship I value and miss when long periods have gone by with no contact.  It was not sexual, he never used 'glamour', never tried to take advantage.  He offered to turn me one time.,  I declined and we have remained as we always have been - A vampire and a human with mutual respect for each other and the other's opposing views - tolerant and accepting of the other's lifestyle.  It is a beautiful thing.

Cinn

This is typical of my encounters with SPAMpires

Sassy teleports to go check out a shop...

[6:59]  Teleport completed from http://slurl.com/secondlife/Cape%20Romano/45/107/3022

On arrival...

[7:00]  Unsuspecting Spampire: sassy [7:01]  Unsuspecting Spampire: i have come for you [7:01]  Sassy Romano: yes? [7:01]  Sassy Romano: oh? [7:01]  Unsuspecting Spampire: do you wish to be turned? [7:01]  Sassy Romano: huh? [7:01]  Unsuspecting Spampire: to a vampire? [7:01]  Unsuspecting Spampire: you have been chosen [7:02]  Sassy Romano: well if i'm going to do that i'd have to do it properly and sacrifice myself surely? [7:02]  Unsuspecting Spampire: yes but we can do all that [7:02]  Unsuspecting Spampire: the turning ceremony

Sassy has a plan...

[7:03]  Sassy Romano: let me go and prepare... [7:03]  Unsuspecting Spampire: ok [7:03]  Unsuspecting Spampire: first let me bite you [7:03]  Unsuspecting Spampire: is that ok? [7:03]  Teleport completed from http://slurl.com/secondlife/Hot%20Island/110/116/22 [7:03]  MystiTool HUD 1.3.1 (center 2): Parcel Flags Warning: Damage Enabled

Offers a teleport to the unsuspecting vampire...

[7:06]  Unsuspecting Spampire: were r we?

[7:07]  Sassy Romano lays down in preparation....  (on her ready prepared environment... a sacrificial table with a bite of its own)

He moves in for the kill

[7:07]  Fangs [Thirst::Bloodlines] 3.1: Unsuspecting Spampire would like to give you a Vampire bite. This will register you with The Thirst::Bloodlines system, and you'll get a FREE pair of bite marks. If you accept the bite, you don't have to play, and if you get bitten, you don't have to drink a potion to undo it. Say Yes to accept!

Sassy, hits back...sets off the buried explosives, multiple copies

[7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  C4 (say /5 boom): Ka-Boom [7:08]  P-90 v2: Rifle ready. Say 'rifle help' for a help notecard [7:08]  Sassy Romano: unsafe [7:08]  P-90 v2: Safety lock disabled [7:08]  MystiTool HUD 1.3.1 (center 2): Collision with "casing", Owner: Sassy Romano

---

When I did this to one who started off saying he was immortal, he didn't figure on my damage enabled region and when he got teleported home from being killed, he IM'd me and accused ME of cheating.  I just replied "but you lied, you said you were immortal..."

It seems that the topic of this forum section has drifted a bit (a lot), from what I understand as my native language is not English, we counted our lyle wanted favorite vampire story and from what I understand, it can be real life, second life, or anything else and / or motive.

Well, here I come, tell the story of a woman born, raised and died as a vampire in second life, which means loving all bloodlines, which in turn destroy it and came to hate with all your heart.

His name was RAYBELL Jie, for many of his acquaintances, friends and / or enemies may find these paragraphs of self-centeredness and just want to make known their history and the creators of this system see what consequences it brings your game people and becomes a different view on the subject.

When RAYBELL Activity 1 st time in second life, he discovered a wonderful world where you can go, learn, create, investigate their whole world, "vampires", his 1 st search for places was based on the word "vampiro" was the year 2007 and met with people from the same species and / or tastes.

By September of that year did not know what was Bloodline, a day which later became his "father" was offered to become and enter a large and famous vampire clan speaking at the time, did not think 2 times, but there's a catch, did not have enough lindens to do so, his father had asked that the $ 268L and she replied, I think, money that had been achieved with much effort and work in different camps of SL and its early DJ in a club, work within your path forever within this game, today one of the Spanish clubs dedicated to the world still stands and was created for her., his father helped him and put the rest up complete the $ 599L which cost the system and this got 2 things:
1_ realize his dream (Being in Second Life that would like to be in Real life: P) HUDs 2_No pay only and exclusively for creating souls and get into a bar, if Linden has given has been to help achieve and / or that person means something in your life.

When finally the famous income vampire clan met his grandfather's father deserted by his father very strong differences with the king, in turn creating a new clan (very common thing in the game system, the desertions and creation of new families) clan that had a very very peculiar feature which a lot of fun, a peculiar feature that ran counter to the economic benefits of bloodlines, so to speak ....... which was on "the blacklist "of both the family system and its members, including her. He grew up and learned everything he knows about second life vampire and bloodlines within that Clan, but she always wanted more, wanted to have their own ideas, his own project and it was then decided to create his club, his group and its concentration of vampires second life, so was born "the dance of the vampires" and seeing what he thought of his family members were dying vampire slowly both bloodlines (having blocked HUDs) and Linden Labs, decided to leave the "dirty tricks" set aside and devote to your project, watch your back and making it grow, but without leaving aside the family, I have to say I never let these "dirty tricks" to 100% but it was the blood that ran through his veins, blood Republican.

Time passed ... the project grew and his experience as a vampire rising, taking her 1 st soul, his eldest son that was the happiest day of his life, a goal achieved and those that came behind, friends, acquaintances or just people who shared projects.

Within the family had a special relationship with 2 of his brothers, who later leads the clan, the founders of the clan, his grandfather, decided to leave an inheritance to these 3 vampires, RAYBELL and her 2 brothers, with whom the clan was a new era, a new time and / or a new lifestyle, but the family line was the same, "bad art", though she say which placed the intellectual, marketing and public relations, and most a small contribution from the blood republican who spoke earlier, his 2 brothers were devoted in body and soul to the "family business" and I have to admit that they were not too bad. They came past and his brothers were killed by the same causes dying family members (Linden Lab induced death due to excess blood) and she was left in front of the family.

Joined the project and his family and his club creating within his own clan of vampires, but may not engage in the family business and decided to leave, what happened is that the clan died, the member died, they were or were involved in other things, so she decided to "remove" thing he regrets deeply and with whom he had many discussions with some of the active members at that time.

RAYBELL needed a family and give shelter to their sons and brothers, seeking and finding, he found another place with an excellent idea, which fell in love, clan, made up of different families, each family a house and all the houses together a great Hispanic vampire community was wonderful ....... and good short-lived, short-lived because in this system as we know there are false statistics, lust for power and many many envy, this clan was when she began to discover the "bad" bloodlines, foul play, the envy of the people and the desire for power and decided to leave, but never lost the relationship with people who knew so great within him.

It was a long time alone, wandering around Second Life, betrayed by his people more confidence and friends, try new projects, met many people from different clans important to least important, laughed at the "little king" who boasted of having hundreds of souls and her friends and new children always told me this phrase worth more a vampire with a soul to his office and that soul is active and any information related thereto, that these kings and queens who only collect souls false for a fake status within a statistical false- That was his motto and how could it be hands off in this world, decided to create his own clan, based on the different experiences as a vampire who experiment in their existence, what was the problem, not all think like her and that is its large error, resulting in many more betrayals which could not overcome and committed suicide, ending his life and all his friends, removing and noting that.

RAYBELL not return and I'm here to tell, I think and I like her, but do not make their own mistakes, today I am free vampire, I belong to a clan, but thanks to the founders, who helped me when I need and I share a great friendship with them, but I'm not an active member to the clan, I have my own rules, beliefs and ways of carrying them out and I have very clear today and given the experience of this vampire is that they never will trust anyone over bloodlines and I never believe the statistics of the web, just believe in what I see "physically", and you imagine the amount of clans there are ghosts on the web and the world of Second Life, empty spaces , beautiful but empty, why? that its members just want a job, a medal and / or that their names mean something in bloodlines, the feeling, the heart of the vampire set aside and that's a shame.
I feel all the amount I've written but I'm proud of it.

A greeting Nelapsi Gloom (Sangre Daeva)

• 2 months later...

First of all. I'm amazed at how many griefers there are in this thread complaining about being griefed. The garlic necklace you wear once, click a button, and are never bothered by us again. You can then throw it out without a care in the world. The fact that your name goes into the database is for your protection. If you don't want your name in the database then enjoy the few vamps that do love to harass others. If you don't want to play you do not have to buy anything at all you do not have to worry about wether or not you have a soul. ITS A GAME. There will always in any game be those who will go above and beyond to be jerks. Thus is rl and sl. Bloodlines is a role playing game vampires aren't like cute little fluffy puppy dogs you want to cuddle with. Couldn't you just be happy that we require you to give us permission to bite you? What about the hunger? You get bit all the time without you knowing it but that seems to be ok right? Just so long as you don't have to be bothered to say "Sorry I dont rp". 

now back to the reason why this thread was created -.-

My favorite vampire story would have to be when I met my first girlfriend Sebastine in the bloodlines cemetary in 2008. We were both wearing victorian black dresses and our stats. We started talking because we realized we were in the same clan. We became friends almost instantly, and soon our love grew and we were together for a year. It was one of the happiest years of my sl. It didn't work ou tin the end but thus is life :) It still makes for a sweet memory no matter how bitter the end. I still love the sense of community in a clan and how everyone is treated like family. I love that you can replentish a person's blood to be bitten again. The clan I intend to join has what are called blood dolls and I find that extremely amusing it almost makes me wish I were human again. hehe 

THANK YOU BLOODLINES!!

Are you kidding?! After reading such an ignorant text I wish that vampires would be banned from every non-vampire location. Wear a garlic necklace bla bla bla.....It's my right to have my peace in SL, that doesn't depend on what I wear and what not. Not wearing a necklace doesn't give anybody the right to send bitemessages to me or anybody else who don't ask for it!

And to mention that I don't want to roleplay doesn't help. Most vampires just send bite request after bite request....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.