Coffins

Blackbelt Clawtooth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Speaking of coffins, do you use coffins in your vampire roleplay to sleep during the day, or can your vampire character endure the sunlight? I like the idea of vampires having to hide during the day, either underground or in a coffin, mostly because of the additional challenge and danger that it brings. What do you think?

Speaking of coffins, do you use coffins in your vampire roleplay to sleep during the day, or can your vampire character endure the sunlight? I like the idea of vampires having to hide during the day, either underground or in a coffin, mostly because of the additional challenge and danger that it brings. What do you think?

Lyle,  my RP is that of a day walker/night stalker..but more often than not I also use the midnight settings. I do use my coffin for resting, and rp that as well. which gives my family a lil giggle at times :)

Though I do like the idea of the night only challange, the vampire magic of a pure blue blood is quite awesome in the daylight too.

I use the coffin and the sarcophagus frequently to supply blood and lumens to some of my minions.  But the maximum amount per transfer request is limited to 1 liter for the coffin and 10 lumens for the sarcophagus. Sometimes I have to do 4 or 5 transfers for a single avatar. It is tedious and a pain in the a**.  It would be great if the maximum transfer amount of one liter was raised to 5 liters for vampires and 50 lumens for lycans.  I frankly do not understand why this option was not available from the beginning.

Can you imagine having to refill the gas in your car one gallon at a time?

YAY to that!  A 5 liter and 50 lumen additional option would be GREAT indeed ! Filling avis liter by liter and 10 lumens by 10 lumens is sooooo time consuming and such a tedious, unpleasant process.

As for the symbolic use of coffins... some like to log off (go to sl sleep) in them.  Personally I love to mix darkness and light.  Neither makes sense without the other.  Our sim is tropical - Carribean and warm, with underwater world for vampire merfolk, beach for surfing vampires, places for hanggliding vampires, pirate vampires, dark cave for lycans - and more.  We had to fill the gap of tropical vampires on SL, lol.  I don't much like sticking to sterotypes too long, variety is more fun.  I also very soon got tired of tons of dark tacky vampire esthetics on sl all over.  Coffins are also 'fun' - one more reason I love the vampire game is that it deals with and mocks and laughs at one of our deepest fear - death.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.