Cliffsides builds, or how should I pretty up my land? :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I own a very large chunk of clifside land in Campion - the "tallest spot in mainland" - is about 5m outside of my parcel boundary, and 1m higher than me... (shakes fist at neighbor and secretly terraforms their land down 2m).

Right now on the cliff part all I've got is an empty copy of my old club build - which was two floating wooden sphere connected by a bridge. Its an ok sky build, but not cliff build.

Sometimes I wander the grid and see some amazing hill and cliff builds... and then promptly forget where they were or get distracted or otherwise fail to properly 'get with it'.

So, looking for suggestions on some of the best cliff ideas people have, how I can keep it within a decent budget on any parts I've got to buy - I can build, and can make some basic sculpties, but I'm no master. :)

Something medium sized, and for me, on a near sheer cliff-face - I've got I think 6000-7800m or so there, up and down the cliff side plus a disconnected piece up top.

Anything out there people would recommend looking at for inspiration is also welcome of course. :)

oh  i would love to have a cliff =)

in one sim i was living in i started to make the Tony stark house..

or something like it..i loved the design of the inside..since i saw that movie i have always wanted to build that house in sl..

i got as far as the roofs laid out  for all the levels ..then it was time for summer break...

i'm not sure what taste you are looking for ..but something  in that style might be nice..on a smaller scale..

here is a link to pics of his first home

Tony starks first house

here is his new one that i want to make now lol

Tony stark's second home

They may not be what you are looking for..but they may stir up some ideas =)

oh  i would love to have a cliff =)

in one sim i was living in i started to make the Tony stark house..

or something like it..i loved the design of the inside..since i saw that movie i have always wanted to build that house in sl..

i got as far as the roofs laid out  for all the levels ..then it was time for summer break...

i'm not sure what taste you are looking for ..but something  in that style might be nice..on a smaller scale..

here is a link to pics of his first home

Tony starks first house

here is his new one that i want to make now lol

Tony stark's second home

They may not be what you are looking for..but they may stir up some ideas =)

Was really hoping to see more responses, and some build pics, to this.  Probably the most fun I've had on SL is the challenge of building on a steep hill side or cliff side with only +/- 4m of terraforming and an oddly shaped lot.  It just kills me when I see someone with such a spot just drop a huge cube on it to level it.  My current house is at the SW corner of Thayer, likely not the most fantastic build but maybe you'll find an idea or two there.  I'll see if I still have picks of my other cliff/hill side builds if there is interest.  And maybe you'll get more responses if you repost this to Creations/Building and Texturing.

Look for RL examples such as cantilever construction, and buildings native to mountainous countries. Supporting towers, and overhanging sections of building are useful on slopes. More vertiginous slopes can be tamed with subtle landscaping and building up the terrain with sculptie rocks It's a delicate act to do this well without wrecking the original terrain, but I've seen it done. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.