What is this error that I am receiving when trying to upload a profile picture?

Haim618

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm getting this error when trying to upload a picture to my profile. I first tried directly from the viewer, then I tried through the website. The same error was given:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
      <Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Invalid according to Policy: Policy Condition failed: ["eq", "$Content-Type", "image/png"]</Message><RequestId>89359D3D50A628B5</RequestId><HostId>wT2DFsEnRKQBFNBZL6rGy1AO6jKSCsdDRwqz2a9WUufJp75N9ttpVF/HrBzwETmX</HostId></Error>

I have checked that the requirements for the image are correct. I have also tried with different images.    

5 answers to this question

Hello Haim and welcome to SL Forums. Sounds like a glitch. Try to clear your browser's cache, restart your computer and log in back in your profile. If the problem remains just try a little later. Just check that the pic has one of the following extensions, a) .jpg b) .gif c) .png and the size is no bigger than 5MB.

Hello Haim and welcome to SL Forums. Sounds like a glitch. Try to clear your browser's cache, restart your computer and log in back in your profile. If the problem remains just try a little later. Just check that the pic has one of the following extensions, a) .jpg b) .gif c) .png and the size is no bigger than 5MB.

I highly doubt that it is related to cache or anything like that.

This error is reproducable in Firefox.  Chrome does not display it (for me).  Rather, it sits there pretending to upload and causes my whole browser to need to be restarted.  In the SL Viewer's browser it also sits there with a spinning circle and does not upload an image.

In my attempts to understand the error in plain english, it sounds as if the server is either asking for a PNG or is denying it thinking it is a PNG.  I'm unsure if it's related to Second Life or Amazon's servers.

I'm seeing multiple threads here about this issue so I believe it needs to be brought to LL's attention for a fix.

EDIT:  Just a note - this has been going on for about 2 days at the least.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.