SECOND LIFE NOT WORKING

LivForever1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry you are having this problem. You haven't given us much information to go on, like what sort of computer and connection you have, and what you are doing when you crash (if it's consistent), and how often it happens. Do you succeed getting logged on first? That might help someone to suggest a better answer.

Meanwhile, when the viewer crashes, another little program is supposed to report the circumstances to LL, so that they can see what needs fixing. It is this crash logger tha gives you the contacting Server 1 message. Unfortunately, a bug has returned that makes the crash logger crash itself, as you have seen.

There are some problems with some graphics cards that cause crashes with the latest release viewer. You can try the beta viewer (development viewer), although I don't think the fixes are in that yet. They should be soon. There is a link to it here. That page also describes other alternative viewers that might help you while the problem affecting you gets fixed.

Hello LivForever. There are several causes really for your problem. Without details about your system's specs and about your internet connection and router the only we can do is to guess. I think is no so difficult for you a copy-paste.

Menu Help --> About Second Life --> Copy to clipboard --> Paste here.

Hello LivForever. There are several causes really for your problem. Without details about your system's specs and about your internet connection and router the only we can do is to guess. I think is no so difficult for you a copy-paste.

Menu Help --> About Second Life --> Copy to clipboard --> Paste here.

hi,

Well I have the same issue as LivForever.

V2 3.1 or 3.2 crashing systematically as I login or after a little while.

I have un-installed the last version v3.2 and installed 3.1 but the same crashes occure, even worse...

I must say that viewer2 was working almost fine at the beginning when I installed v3.1... and **bleep** started to happen after I installed v3.2. Since then none of the versions seem to keep me logged.

My spec:

Second Life 3.1.0 (243176) Oct 16 2011 12:16:07 (Second Life Release)
[ReleaseNotes]

CPU: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (2400.03 MHz)
Memory: 2047 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (Build 2600) compatibility mode. real ver: 6.0 (Build 2900)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce 9800 GT/PCI/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 6.14.0012.7533
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1600

Thanks for your help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.