How Do You Find A Clan to Join?

Sorrell Fang

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was interested in finding a vampire clan to join, but everytime I visited one of the vampire areas, they were devoid of anyone.  It was night and I figured everyone was asleep or busy.

I did go to one land, where a shadowy figure spotted me.  He didn't say hi in response to my greeting, but disappeared and kept reappearing closer and closer.  I teleported out.  He just creeped me out. 

Are there any friendly clans that do say hi before they munch on you that you could recommend?  I can't seem to find them.

If you visit First City @ Treasured Estate, you will always be greeted first :) First City is owned and managed by vamps of Treasured Souls Clan / Treasured Souls Cosca and is the base of the new vampire RP game Vampire Mafia. 

If you are looking for a tight knit family, that's who we are. It is easy to find a clan, Vampires are everywhere. Its up to you to choose which is suitable for you. You need to find out more about the clan family, how they run in a family together, how they hunt, how they live together and how close. Small families are more close knit, they do a lot of things together, some big clans can be close if they are well organized with their structure - leige and minions. 

Feel free to drop by our City or look us up. :) here's the Landmark to the city : http://www.treasuredincsl.com/FirstCity

• Like 1

Hey Sorrell! Just thought I'd put in my thoughts to help you out. I had problems finding a place as well until I came across a clan's land where the sim owner himself greeted me, showed me around and introduced me to members of his clan family. Not once did they ask if they could bite me until I started hanging out with them more and more as a "normal" human. I gave a few hints that I was comfortable with staying in their clan and when they asked to "take my soul", I barely hesitated. Most of the smaller clan lands are generally quiet but don't let that fool you. Once a party gets going, it's a lot of fun! Having a smaller, tight knit family is sometimes better than a large one.

I would suggest to keep searching for what YOU find comfortable and not make a decision in haste because "it's the only one I've found yet". Have patience, there are many clans out there. As for timezones, they can be a hassle so finding one that has members in alike zones is preferable. Spammed bite requests only shows desperation and rudeness. Make sure they're not from a "foreign clan" to the land you're on before teleporting away though. I have never been asked by strangers for a bite but I have heard of younger minions doing that on other Bloodline clans' lands.

Feel free to send me a notecard if you have any other questions. :D

Hi Sorrell,

Deffinately keep looking around. There are hundreds of clans out there, you'll find the one that is right for you, or you can even start your own slowly building it up as you make new friends. You can also search for the :[bloodlines]: Vampire Fellowship or the *Vampire Mafia* {The Consoortium} groups, get to know people thru chatting there, and find a clan to join.

Hi Sorrell,

Deffinately keep looking around. There are hundreds of clans out there, you'll find the one that is right for you, or you can even start your own slowly building it up as you make new friends. You can also search for the :[bloodlines]: Vampire Fellowship or the *Vampire Mafia* {The Consoortium} groups, get to know people thru chatting there, and find a clan to join.

I'd go off and try to sell my clan, but it's always my recommendation to new members or "potentials" to look around until they find the right clan for them, because now matter how incredible we all find our particular clans to be, each clan has its own personality and ways to do things. I'd start off at SL destinations, doing some exploring until you manage to find clan members to talk to and give you their input, there's really no rush to be turned as you have all the time in the world to make up your mind and mingle.

Good luck with the clan shopping!

I would love to sell you on the idea of our clan, however, that would be pushy and that is not what we are all about in our clan.  We are just a fun group of people, we take care of each other and have a blast doing it.  If you wanted more information, please let me know.  We are a newer clan and small right now....it is our belief that smaller allows for you to know and care about everyone in the clan...but enough of the selling lol.    If you are interested, please contact me in world or on this feed.

I would make sure the people whose clan you want to join are interested in you as a person and friend, not just another notch on their soul count.

I'm in somewhat of a similiar situation, because my husband and I are also currently seeking out a new clan to join. We're in the "Curse" clan now (in bloodlines, this is where you go when you don't belong to a clan). We have a lot of souls between the two of us, so we get a lot of unsolicited invitations to join clans. Now, I don't think badly of this, it's the nature of clans and the bloodlines game. But we're trying to be very cautious to make sure the clan we join is right for us, and we're right for them. Make sure you ask a lot of questions. Ask them what you can expect from them, and what they expect of you.

• 1 month later...

Hi Kring, my guess is that people are looking for a point -  A story or roleplay that is going on, events within the clan, a feeling of family, a way to really feel involved or important and to not feel like just another number.  I can't stress enough activities or challenges - something to accomplish/a reason to return.  Maybe something as simple as clan fieldtrips to new and exciting places or beautifully built sims would pull a few more people into active participation in the clan.  I don't know what the personality of your clan is, so it is hard to tailor an answer just for you.

If the only point of a clan is to bite as many people as possible and then move on to the next 'victim', it would only be exciting for a little while.  Then when you discover (hopefully) that you are responsible for training and entertaining all those minions, the clan seems more like work than fun.  If someone shows up at the clan castle a few times and no one is there and no activities are planned, they will eventually move on to another place.

• 6 months later...

Hi!   Alot of people take forever to find a clan but for me it was nothing like that. I got asked to join a clan before I even wanted to be a vampire! Its called the Pride Of Sekhemet Clan its egyptian but half of us dont even beleive in it just for the clan. The clan has a party room and everything and gets a big ceremony in between getting transformed into a vampire. If you IM me or something I can get you in easily.

Hope this helps:matte-motes-smile:

• 1 month later...

Check out Dravendore in-world, we have a medieval fantasy theme dark roleplay. I lead the coven here and we are always looking for vampires. We just reopened! We have mages clerics druid templars warriors rogues and more! All are welcome here feel free to pass me an IM in-world if you want some more info or to join! Oh and we are a part of the Great Alliance

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.