Whos the most powerfull race? Vampire or lycans?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

silfer Handrick wrote:

The influence of this series — I think people get it to the good side, but in all families — be they vampire, lycans or other races, will always feel like there's this black ship. In my opinion, people are influenced more by the television show True Blood — that show expresses more the Camarilla vampire race.

Do you agree?

This is a double post, or at least this question is already used.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Vampire-Events-Discussion/Silfer-Handrick-weighs-in-on-Twilight/td-p/1207315

silfer Handrick wrote:

No double posted this is my answear for that question that was made for residents that host vampire events like me, so its is a new discussion started by my answear
:)

It would then have made more sense if you had your answer posted in that previous post, in order to get a discussion going.

No, it's a double post. 

You've already answered it in another thread created by "Community Manager" who set you the questions to answer and which anybody else who wants to answer can do too.  Are we to assume that you are going to repeat all the previous questions all over again as seperate threads and answer them with the same answers?

Depends on the lore you're using. and the form they are using.

most say that lycans are more Physically strong. but in human form are weaker than vampires, where in wolfman form are usually 2-5x stronger than an average vampire.

to boil it down even more to a fictional science... it also depends on the age of said vampire an said lycan.

as a whole race though... lookit the lore being used. ^u~

i'm personally TOTALLY unbiased though an think that in a 'power' sense... vampires are stronger. since physical strength wasn't the specified question ;P  

Yes, Lycans have more strength, otherwise, vampires are more fast...Hybrid is a bond between lycans and vamps...but for example, vamps have too a power of seduction, and in my opinion have more "socialization concept", and have your "clans", and this clans shares the same code of conduct...lycans have too a family, called "packs", and live together following the alpha orders...thats it :matte-motes-wink:

Yes, Lycans have more strength, otherwise, vampires are more fast...Hybrid is a bond between lycans and vamps...but for example, vamps have too a power of seduction, and in my opinion have more "socialization concept", and have your "clans", and this clans shares the same code of conduct...lycans have too a family, called "packs", and live together following the alpha orders...thats it :matte-motes-wink:

alright..... let's boil this down to the lores then like i mentioned before. because everyone's going to have a personal preference an of course some of us might be a wee bit biased because of fanbase lol

LKH:

Werewolves are stronger an faster in anyform, but are much weaker in human form

Vampires have stronger powers, an some have the ability to control the werewolves alltogether, making the vampires a deadlier foe.

Vampire Chronicles (Anne Rice):

far as I recall, there wasn't really a vampire vs werewolves debate to begin with. though there were demons an a variety of other creatures (been a while since i've read the books, so correct me if i'm wrong)

either way the vampires are the leading race in the mortal realm. The strongest with those that are the oldest.

Vtm vs WoD:

in this regard it again depends on the forms. garou (lycans) have about... 4 forms. Their human form is their weakest, followed by their feral form, then their Chronas form. Their strongest form is the Direwolf form. Where they are basicly this large wolf, about the size of a pony. if there is a garou old enough, they can have fetishes.. aka powers. Which makes them even stronger. in the recent direction of the lore, Gaia turned her back on the garou so many of them just don't have their fetishes anymore an are simply wild creatures, or more adapted to the way of human society.

The kindred (vampires) have a variety of powers, but only in the garou's human form do they have the upper hand with any kind of power. an there are even werewolves that would serve the Wyrm an protect them.

care to add a lore, then by all means add a lore an rough draft the differences based on the lore itself.

my word is not law it's mearly what I personally gathered from reading into them. I could always be misinformed so if you really wish to learn an find out what lore brings what to the table, then you can research it OR go nab the books an get to readin, ya? ;P

but in the end, each lore offers a variety of outlooks on which race is more 'powerful'.

all in all, the cunning with vampires, since they are 'survivalists' is the fundamentals for making them stronger, while possibly always being the physicaly weaker.

however looking at the VtM an WoD it's not always the case, because the garou (wolves) are the natural protectors of the land an earth so have a connection to it that the kindred do not, therefor making them stronger in a LOT of ways.

concerning hybrids... well... many lores don't support it since they normaly lead to saying the two 'viruses' or race strain naturally fight off one another, so tends to either kill the host or you get one or the other since the strain killed off the other one.

in some lores however... the hybrid can even be seen as being the weakest, while others they are viewed as the strongest.

I personally follow lore that leads us to believe that hybrids are not even possible, so i don't have a personal opinion on the matter either lol

silfer Handrick wrote:

Like a vampire I think we are the more powerfull race, cause we are charmous and lycan a bit savage, but both races has your personal charm. So you think besides this two races another one can be more powerfull tell me
:)

Let's meet anywhere i'll show you how much a lycan can be charming ;) *winks*

oh and for the quizz my answer is of course : LYCAN :D

• 1 month later...

I think I would have to agree with Silfers post for most part but in the way I role play a vampire it depends on the age of the vampire for its powers grow to almost Godlike when old enough like andeluvian per say....

in most cases Lycan be strongest in a direct fight unless come across one the rare and powerful old vampires  .....

• 1 month later...

Answering the original question literally while trying not to be perceived as being "biased", I'd offer my thought that the sum of all other considerations resulting in balance, I'd say that Vampires may be the stronger, simply for their sheer numbers. But the posts here also point out that there appear to be more than Two in the "Surrealistic Realms". Hybrids have been mentioned, for both their strengths & weaknesses of combining those of their roots, but what of those of Wytches (or Witches, including Warlocks) & those "alliances" with one or more of the above? It is there, in that tenuous grey twilight meridian which relatively few walk... & of course, in those responses this query may entice.

Synthya Wylder - - "Majick is merely that part of Nature, that Science leaves undefined."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.