Discrimination against oldies?

Carole Franizzi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Carole Franizzi wrote:

I have encountered some episodes of discrimination against oldies in my time in SL and I wondered if my experience was not unique. So, if you ever don a wrinkly skin, do you ever come up against discrimination?

i am not an old avitar yet but was considering it.

Is it really bad with discrimunation? If so, I may not go the whole way andbetter keep my pretty young girl?

Yum Oodles wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

I have encountered some episodes of discrimination against oldies in my time in SL and I wondered if my experience was not unique. So, if you ever don a wrinkly skin, do you ever come up against discrimination?

i am not an old avitar yet but was considering it.

Is it really bad with discrimunation? If so, I may not go the whole way andbetter keep my pretty young girl?

It's not unbearable no. Please don't be put off, but you do get the odd lippy whippersnapper cat-calling you things like, "Eeeew! You look like my granny! Please leave this seks club as you're putting me off my stride". Things like that.

I think it is a shame that in a world of endless possibilities we are expected to all have the same avatars Be it (too) young or (too) old I've seen people get berated for deciding not to be a tooth pick thin model. At one point I saw someone get border line greifed because her avatar looked too old--and I quote-- "Like a thirty five year old woman".

The ageism in Second Life is appauling :(

I'm sure SL attracts enough shallow people who just want to hang around in sex sims with other avvies who meet their standards for beauty. Ditch 'em, and ditch any sims who allow that harassment to happen.

There must be a sim out there that welcomes all ages and forbids (and actively manages) people who harass each other like that. If there's not, someone's gotta make one. Just get the word out that it's needed.

yeah... I've got avvies across the spectrum now, and actually was asked if I wanted help with my avatar so I did not look like an "old dude"... 

I think it's similar to tiny/furry discrimination of sorts - but it's on the other party really... do I want to hang with folks who discriminate like that?  Not really. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.