The garlic protocol

Spike Clemenceau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A graphical and simple example on how the action used on syntaxis can change the actual use of the tool, which can be transfered to the use of "tools" in RL or SL

Is not the same "having" a tool, "being" a tool, "using" a tool.

It's all on the action put to the actual tool that changes it, and this is always in the hands of the user.

and covering other points covered by users, I don't exactly hand out garlic as candy, but I do inform new users that the option is there as protection and give them the necklace if asked for it.

• 1 month later...

Good Day to all. This is my first posting here.

re: "garlic necklace"... In my opinion, if a SIM Owner requires the use/wearing of one by visitors or residents to their SIM, that's their prerogative. Everyone has the right to "vote with their feet" (i.e., to leave that area) if they don't like the policy(s) in place. That's also congruous with the right to "vote with their dollar". Sims with egregious policies tend to make less. ;)

However, it's indeed sad that a few "bad apples" (pardon the pun! ;D ) have made wearing the "garlic necklace" a useful Option. To those unfamiliar w/ the "vamp-specific tools", etc. it merely automatically returns a "do not disturb" message if a BloodLines member happens to "scan" them, & prevents any "bite request" from being sent. That "scan", in itself, is completely harmless & incurs no obligation to either party. BTW, I'm not a Vamp - yet... I interact as a "blood angel" (aka - "blood doll") so I'm fairly familiar w/ the topic.

In my opinion, Newbies should be made aware of the Necklace & advised on its function, as the aforementioned "bad apples" have made them an easy target, not usually being experienced SL players. I can relate, as way back when I was much less experienced, I happened to be participating in "group fun" (LOL - don't ask!) & in the heat of the moment, didn't carefully read the "request to animate" box, chose "accept" & an unscrupulous vamp snuck in a "bite request", to which I'd unwittingly agreed.

"Animation requests" & "bite requests" both appear in the same light blue box in the upper-right hand corner of my viewer. In my case, I knew enough to jump up & pursue & confront the "offender", whom I chided & demanded the requisite "apple", which they wisely provided. ("Eating" an "apple" restores the minor amount taken by a "bite" from a vampire & is usually offered by wiser vampires in trade.)

In my Family, Genesis Order Horde, there are strict rules of conduct, RL & SL age minimums amongst others & codified in our Constitution. New GOH Family members are also carefully instructed & guided on SIM Rules of other areas, & general etiquette & the Honor Code. It is also my view that anyone who may be so inclined to "join" would also be inclined to feel gratitude by being given information, advice & respect with which to make an informed decision.

It's unfortunate that those of lesser cloth lack the concept of mutual respect & give the whole community a bad reputation.

With my respects,

Synthya Wylder, Genesis Order Horde Scribe & Elder Council member

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.