Old avies - New SL Frontiers?

Carole Franizzi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Child avies are pretty common, but by far the most frequent avie-type is the twenties something. I'd like to propose that old and new residents alike consider a completely new direction - wrinklies!

Innovative, original and dripping in wisdom, I think oldies should be the "new" thing on SL. What do you think?

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Child avies are pretty common, but by far the most frequent avie-type is the twenties something. I'd like to propose that old and new residents alike consider a completely new direction - wrinklies!

Innovative, original and dripping in wisdom, I think oldies should be the "new" thing on SL. What do you think?

Funny that you mention this. In the world of Katanafighters (and in our clan, the ImperiuM Katana) we have quite a lot of older avi's, but no children.

Um. Main reason to not fight kid-avis is not that we dont like killing kids, but more that childavatars are too short and there fore considered unsuitable to fight against.

It is just no fun being hit in the knees constantly while trying to chop a head off all the time, is there?

Older, mature avatars are a joy to any fighter. They are calm, not rushing and usually very polite. And their breaks in between fights, ya know...'bio-breaks', give us younger ones the time to catch a breath!

Because, man...those oldies are tough to kill, but so much fun....I wish there were more of them!

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Funny that you mention this. In the world of Katanafighters (and in our clan, the ImperiuM Katana) we have quite a lot of older avi's, but no children.

Um. Main reason to not fight kid-avis is not that we dont like killing kids, but more that childavatars are too short and there fore considered unsuitable to fight against.

It is just no fun being hit in the knees constantly while trying to chop a head off all the time, is there?

Older, mature avatars are a joy to any fighter. They are calm, not rushing and usually very polite. And their breaks in between fights, ya know...'bio-breaks', give us younger ones the time to catch a breath!

Because, man...those oldies are tough to kill, but so much fun....I wish there were more of them!

Getting poked in the knee must be a right pain in the neck knee. Glad to hear that us oldies are welcome. Are there tea-breaks during fights?

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Getting poked in the knee must be a right pain in the n
eck
knee. Glad to hear that us oldies are welcome. Are there tea-breaks during fights?

You might want to sharpen your walker too, Carole.

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

eck
knee. Glad to hear that us oldies are welcome. Are there tea-breaks during fights?

Why yes, of course!

A fight is usually about 3 minutes maximum, unless you fight a really tough one that keeps running out of reach, so in between that there is plenty of time to drink tea. And to get rid of it too.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

eck

You might want to sharpen your walker too, Carole.

Was seriously pondering getting some good builder to create me a set of blades to fix to the side of my walker....you know...the ones which whirl round and chop up anything in their path.,,,

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

eck

Why yes, of course!

A fight is usually about 3 minutes maximum, unless you fight a really tough one that keeps running out of reach, so in between that there is plenty of time to drink tea. And to get rid of it too.

3 mins?? Oh, i'm sure I'd have no problem lasting 3 mins. Why, in a completely different type of RP, I manage to last for much, much longer.

Carole Franizzi wrote:

I agree and welcoem any suggestion on how to creat my avitar more mature. My avitar looks too young now andit does not feel good.

Yum Oodles wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

I agree and welcoem any suggestion on how to creat my avitar more mature. My avitar looks too young now andit does not feel good.

Keep in touch with me (send me a IM inworld as a reminder) so as soon as I manage to log in, I'll send you some stuff.

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Yum Oodles wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Keep in touch with me (send me a IM inworld as a reminder) so as soon as I manage to log in, I'll send you some stuff.

thank you! that is very kind of you!

*screams* I am not giving up my sexy little 5' 6" (6'0" with them nice 4 inch heels on) youthful red head AV!  *Stamps her little size 6 foot*  No, I simply will not age!  No botox injections...no fallen arches....no hurting back from trying to walk on those 4 inch heels.....no saggy ta tas....no dying my hair!  I will not have it I say!

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

eck

Why yes, of course!

3 mins?? Oh, i'm sure I'd have no problem lasting 3 mins. Why, in a
completely
different type of RP, I manage to last for much, much longer.

I didn't realize there WAS a napping RP.

:matte-motes-tongue:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.