Sign in to follow this  
Kew Inventor

Protect Noobs

Hello :) I agree with you, but we have to remember that the vampire community in SL is not rulled by any HUD, be a vampire in sl or in rpg games u do not need to has a hud, only the wish to be a vampire, your soul dont need to belongs another to you be a vampire, besides you wanna it, but I think its to could send a bit without talk before or explane the game or ask if the person has this wish, and no send bit to noobies or avatars that dont has days enought of born to know decide whats the game is :)

hope you all fine ^^

I don't think most people care whether there are vampires in SL or not.  What does bother people is when the vampires try to force their roleplay games on other people.  They don't explain anything.  They simply request a bite.  If the bite is accepted, the bitee is continually harassed by players regarding their soul.  This, until they wear a garlic necklace, which only serves to hold their name in a database somewhere so they won't be bothered further.

You list different types of rp in SL.  I'll play along.  Imagine, if you will, that a gorean master operated in the same way!  There would be grid-wide outrage if he were to trick residents into being collared and enslaved.  If he operated the same way many vamps do, showing up anywhere and everywhere to add to his slave collection, people would respond the same as they do to bloodline leaches.  Would you object to this sort of game?

Your opinion of vampires (bloodlines) not being harmful means nothing.  Harm cannot be determined by the instigator, only the victim.

Klint Clowes wrote:

Sammantha,

I agree with you in some aspects...is not good when a HUD Game invade an resident experience...some things need to be explained for them, for not happen this things...

But not all Games doing this...our Vampire HUD,for example, does not invade the resident environment, and keep them safe, because does not happen contact between HUD >> Resident...In this case, i think no need drama, because the object in question, The "Avatar", is not harassed or faked by many systems, and is not show in "list", for show like a "slave collection"

If you have many questions, is a pleasure to answer :matte-motes-grin:

Well Klint, if the HUD you use doesn't do what I mentioned, it's not what I was talking about.  It's irrelevant to the topic.

Sammantha Koppel wrote:

I don't think most people care whether there are vampires in SL or not.  What does bother people is when the vampires try to force their roleplay games on other people.  They don't explain anything.  They simply request a bite.  If the bite is accepted, the bitee is continually harassed by players regarding their soul.  This, until they wear a garlic necklace, which only serves to hold their name in a database somewhere so they won't be bothered further.

You list different types of rp in SL.  I'll play along.  Imagine, if you will, that a gorean master operated in the same way!  There would be grid-wide outrage if he were to trick residents into being collared and enslaved.  If he operated the same way many vamps do, showing up anywhere and everywhere to add to his slave collection, people would respond the same as they do to bloodline leaches.  Would you object to this sort of game?

Your opinion of vampires (bloodlines) not being harmful means nothing.  Harm cannot be determined by the instigator, only the victim.

I agree.

In SL I am leader of a Samurai Clan. We fight, using a specific (wellknown in katana-land) combatsystem which is IN the sword.

All our kills are registered on a website, well...and our deaths too. Heh.

Anyhow. It is very NOT done in our Samurai Community (am talking about 40 clans or something, all connected via a Head Quarter and all leaders are member of the Samurai Council) to start a fight without mutual agreement. Meaning: one asks another fighter (in chat, no hud-stuff and menu's) to do some fights and when both feel like it: go.

We say: 'ready' when on the mat and really ready (ya know, settings...graphics to 0, all comfy in chair, swords attached and all) and only when both said ready: you fight.

After the fight, when one is dead, you both say : good fight and thanks. No matter if you win or loose. Samurai thing,honor and respect and all. And then you continue. Kills and deaths are registered realtime on the site of our HeadQuarter.

Someone without the compatible sword cannot participate and cannot be killed.

Noobs...or New Residents that happen to land in any dojo of any clan are usually recognised as: new. It is very unpolite to do : noobkilling for statistics. It's unethical and Samurai that are caught as noobkillers are not very popular.

New fighters: we teach them, show them how to fight and teach them the rules.

Any visitor/noob that happens to wear a compatible sword to ours is of course recognized by our fighters, but will NEVER be attacked or lured into a fight for 'the kill' or the'stats'. We always first chat (as a clanleader I tend to check their statistics on the site as well, to be sure)  and let them show off their skills - in a fight with swords on 'practice-mode' as to not register the possible kill/win.

It is all optional, for both sides. We protect noobs that way and choose to fight them without official registration,  to show them the joy of katanafighting rather than going for the easy kill and statistics.

In all my four years in SL I have not experienced that with Vampires.. They just send this silly bite request and move on. Not honorable and therefore not welcome on my sim. Simples.

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

In all my four years in SL I have not experienced that with Vampires.. They just send this silly bite request and move on. Not honorable and therefore not welcome on my sim. Simples.

And in all my four years in SL I can say I've never experienced a Samurai displaying the rude behavior so common among vampires.  Your community sounds like a lot of fun, Caitlin! 

Sammantha, i does not agree again...I think have persons with good behaviors and people with bed behaviors...this happen in all community, and in all games...This not happen only with vampires...

Bloodline players are the only ones I've ever encountered that try to trick random people into participation on a large scale.  If other roleplay groups used HUDs like bloodlines to recruit, the outrage would be the same.  The bad behavior of bloodlines players is encouraged by the very nature of the game.  Sure there are people in other rp groups who behave unscrupulously, but it's not behavior built into a game.  It's usually just that they are jerks.

As the original poster, I think I have the right to ask some of you to please concentrate on my original concern. To repeat, why is it some of you Vampire members attempt to snare new SL members as soon as they arrive in SL?

There is an SL 14 day rule about offering a bite request...but some of you take no notice of it. An under-hand method used to get round that one is to TP noobs to your 'Castle-in-Sky' and tell them that this is the only place they must attend or their SL connection will be terminated. After the 14 days have passed, 'some' of you then tell them that to be able to visit other places in SL, they must join 'This' family...and the way to do that is to accept a 'bite request'.

I have taken this up with one of the Blood-Lines hierarchy who asked me to let him know of any deviation to their Code of Conduct. (A copy of which he sent me). He is very keen that members of SL accept Blood-lines as an interesting and helpful part of SL. I agree with that.

So please don't come back with yet another load of explanations as to what 'you' do or don't do. The message is clear from the top.....leave noobs alone! And don't tell me that Noobs should protect themselves by wearing Garlic when you Noob seakers don't first explain to them what you're about before slapping a bite request at top right,...!

IMO, with the system I belivev you are referring to, Bloodlines, there is a fault in the system. Which is that it requests animation from another person. But is this really a fault if it is used correctly? The problem is Kew, to me that people are completely missing what the entire vampire game/rp is about. People are not being taught because leaders do not care to explain and because many are interested in only the numbers and how high up on the leader board their clan can get. IME there is rarely roleplay involved. The HUD should only be there to enhance both vampire and other persons experience in the roleplay. It is not there to be misused and for people to go around sending multiple bite requests to random people.

The reason that some members "attempt to snare new SL members as soon as they arrive in SL" in my opinion, is because they are not interested in the hard work and any role play that it takes to get other older SL members. New residents in SL are naive, not by choice, but most are just learning the new platform and many want to be accepted and be helped in finding their way around.

I was a noob only 3 days old and a damed vapire sent a request in the middel of a disco. I didnt even know what to do.  so YES I want my soul back And PLEASE SOMEONE tell me how to do so.

I´d ratther visit the Vamp sims with a flamethower now and waste the place.

Does that sound like fun to YOU vamps?

For God's sake, sl is an adult game and we chose to play it with all its ups and downs bad or good. I was bitten as a a noob so what?? I continue my sl life without any problems and someone else got my blood to continue his..... Big deal!!!!