Protect Noobs

Kew Inventor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The Vampire Family is not one I belong to, but I am involved due to some of my friends being part of the Vampire way of life...my question is; Why do you still allow some of your ppl to hang around arrival areas to talk Newbies into your families? Answers I get back when I ask are ' Easy Meat'...'Gotta get my blood count up'...'I was told to do it'....As long as that sort of behavour goes on, I will never recommend or support or encourage ppl to join what I know can be an interesting SL life. Keep it 'clean' and you'll get a better reputaion than most ppl give you. Well done to those of you who actually stick to the Vampire Family code and do help ppl in SL. Kew.

Hello Kew !!! How are you ?

Well, these people don't need this kind of "protection"...One Vampire HUD in second life, is just a simple game, no drama...Some people like to play, to be fun in second life, and this kind of game does not steal the resident...is a part of a game, a fantasy...the resident does not have pain or consequence if some other people get his "blood"...this kind of content, is inside the HUD Game System...

I Hope my explanation can help you :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Klint Clowes wrote:

Hello Kew !!! How are you ?

Well, these people don't need this kind of "protection"...One Vampire HUD in second life, is just a simple game, no drama...Some people like to play, to be fun in second life, and this kind of game does not steal the resident...is a part of a game, a fantasy...the resident does not have pain or consequence if some other people get his "blood"...this kind of content, is inside the HUD Game System...

I Hope my explanation can help you :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

They don't need protection?  Just because there is one mysterious HUD in SL that has nothing to do with the OP's point, doesn't mean new residents aren't harassed, tricked and dragged into other vampire games.  Your explanation is basically no explanation. 

Hi Klint,

Thanks for your response, am I to take it then that ppl who join, even inadvertently, ( like clicking on a note card which is in fact a bite request, and is sometimes placed in among other innocent ones such as dance requests, join group requests, TP to my location requests), can if they relise they have agreed to a bite, can then undo that? Or is undoing that mistake an impossible or expensive procedure? Put simply...If I were to mistakenly click a bite request and wanted to 'undo' it...what should I do?

Thanks for your reply. Kew.

Klint, I don't think telling the noobs about Vampire HUD is a way of protecting the noobs from getting bitten. What you need to do is to create a rule for ALL Vampire clans not to hang around at Welcome Areas. You also need to make sure that no noobs under 5 days old can be turned into vampire.

Hello Sammantha !!

I agree with you, some HUDS harassing people, with dialog menu and other things...But for example, My HUD does not do this...The fantasy game does not harassing or trick the people...and i repeat more one time...the most famous vampire systems in SL DOES NOT STOLEN from the resident...is all a fantasy game, for a player earn some points...just this...the target resident DOES NOT LOSE ... Our vampire game HUD, does not envolve the avatar target in the process, is 100% secure...

Otherwise, In our land have for example, The "Bless Potion", and this automatically remove the possibility to hunt the blessed target...

I Hope this help you...if you have more information, please ask us :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Hello friends,

I have the idea that there is no reason why the noobs are protected. Because the vampire games are not harmful to anyone.

Usually the dispute is the blood or the soul (virtual points only) of each non-resident vampire. But remember, it's a game! No one is stealing the soul of anyone in real life (serious!! lol).

We have to be limits of what is good or bad in the virtual world. Simply this practice of virtual vampirism supplies a large community with its contents. Perhaps vampires is the largest community of Second Life and that is because of the fun with HUDs.

I do not see any harm in it. Only positive points for encouraging noobs to be members of this community too. What's more, noobs can get into the game, as well as vampire, vampires hunters, angels or lycans! This is for all who do not like vampires, can be enemies within the same world that simulate HUDs.

Hello Willow !!!

Yes, I agree with you, but in our case, our HUD does not send dialog menu to harass people, so in this case, i don't know if is really necessary create a rule like that...as I saw...Our HUD DOES NOT TAKE ANYTHING to the avatar...and do not send messages to him...

If you need more answers, please tell us :matte-motes-big-grin:

Thanks for that, Klint,

Saying you don't harrass noobs is good news, pity all Vamp members don't follow your example. When you say it's only a game, yes, it is....but shouldn't ppl joining ANY game...poker, Black-jack....even Tiddly-winks....be aware of the rules and the costs and what's involved before being offered a signing up option?

The whole SL Vampire organisation have a bad rep due to just a few of them jumping on 'Easy Meat'.

I would never say to a noob, 'Don't join this/that'...I would say, 'Learn SL...ask around, find what appeals to you...but sadly some SL organisations take the easy route to boost their own numbers by lurking around arrivals where the numbers of easy targets are highest.

Charly, We are here together to create good things to the future right ?? Well, we are interesting in creation in second life, and we come here, to increase our knowledge about this discussion...i think is better if you gave to us more contents, for we have more constructive dialog here in vampire forum...if you have more questions or doubts about, please ask us !!! :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Liberato Lindman wrote:

Hello friends,

I have
the idea that
there is no
reason why the
noobs
are protected.
Because the
vampire games are not
harmful
to anyone.

Usually the
dispute is
the blood
or the
soul (virtual points only) of each
non-
resident
vampire.
But
remember
it's
a
game!
No one
is stealing
the soul
of anyone
in real life (serious!! lol).

We have to be
limits of what
is good or bad
in the virtual world
Simply
this practice
of virtual vampirism

supplies
a
large community
with its contents.
Perhaps
vampires
is
the largest community
of Second Life and
that is because
of the fun
with
HUDs.

I do not see
any harm
in it.
Only
positive points
for encouraging
noobs
to be
members of this community
too.
What's more,
noobs
can
get into the game
, as well
as
vampire, vampires
hunters
angels or
lycans
!
This is for all
who
do not like
vampires,
can be
enemies
within the
same world
that
simulate
HUDs

Liberato, your assertion that "vampire games are not harmful to anyone" shows exactly the kind of underdeveloped social skill that has made SL vampirism so distasteful to many here. It is not for you to decide what other people find harmful. We also don't need reminding that souls can't be stolen and this is a game. Patronizing us won't win you our admiration.

Heaven help us if you are successful in encouraging even more noobs to adopt this attitude. It would be more helpful if you worked within your community to reduce instances of harassment, rather than dismissing the reality that vampires are not universally liked.

Hello madelaine !!!

First of all...the concept "soul" is a object for a game...the second life resident do not have soul...this is a creation inside the fantasy...

Second...we have a rule, our members are not authorized to harass people...because this, our hud dont send spam messages or something like that...

Third...I told, and repeat...this game DOES NOT WITH YOU AVATAR...as I said, is 100% secure...is just points for a player...

If you have more questions, you can ask :matte-motes-big-grin:

Madelaine,

will be very difficult to get the admiration of all here. Just as many are prejudiced about vampirism in SL.

So I ask you two things:

1 - SL would be better without vampires? Why?

2 - what vampires do to annoy so many people? Is that prejudice is not the biggest problem?

If there furrys, Gorean, cyberpunk, lycans, demons, etc..

Why can not also be vampires?

Liberato Lindman wrote:

Madelaine

will be
very difficult to get
the admiration of all
here.
Just as
many are
prejudiced
about
vampirism
in SL.

So
I ask
you two
things:

-
SL
would be better without
vampires?
Why
?

- what
vampires do
to annoy
so many people?
Is
that prejudice
is not the biggest
problem?

If
there
furrys
Gorean
cyberpunk
lycans
, demons
etc.

Why
can not
also be
vampires
?

Would SL be better without vampires?

I suspect not. All the LL sponsored vampire promotion hints that the Lab finds value in vampirism in SL. The cool response that promotion has been getting in the forums may say as much about the forums as vampires, I don't know. What I love most about SL is the fantastic diversity. But diversity requires tolerance. I'm quite happy to have vampires roaming SL. You should be quite happy not to bother me with unsolicited recruitment.

What do vampires do to annoy people?

Ask those who have been bitten by Bloodlines vampires, who didn't know how the system worked and where then forced to wear the garlic necklace to have their names entered into a hidden database. You might think that's fun, not everybody does.

I know furries, Goreans, cyberpunks, lycans and enjoy them all. Some consider me a demon and I hope they enjoy my company too. But I do not recruit and I don't claim that imposing my interests on others would not be annoying. It's that attitude and not any particular RP that bothers me. It could be that Bloodlines has peed in the vampire pool, but your assertion that vampires don't do anything harmful flies in the face of the reality that many people don't agree.

In this particular instance I made my judgment on your post after considering it. It is therefore, by definition, not prejudice.

FIrst, let me say I have nothing against Vamps or any vamp roleplay. However not everyone feels this way for a variety of reasons.  It makes no difference why, its their right to feel this way.  I am also not pitching one HUD over the other.  But i do feel the OP has a point here.

I know of at least one HUD Vampire game that has absolutely no effect on avatars that are bitten  They don't even realize it.  Therefore this one isn't a problem.  HOWEVER, there is one that requires the avatar to agree to the bite.

First many people don't want to be bitten at all - period.  They don't even like to be asked.  It makes no difference why, its their right not to be bothered and it makes no difference what vamp players opinions are on this.  Some vamps won't take no for an answer and will continue to talk about it even to the point of harrassing another player.  If this were not the case then you wouldn't see so many venues that ban vamps, certain HUD's or bite requests. 

This game doesn't make clear to the resident that receives a request that if they agree their name will be published on a web site with a notation that their soul is owned by a vamp.  Many people are bothered by their 'soul' being owned or stolen by a vamp. Sure its just a game, but that's not the point.  The point is that their names are PUBLISHED in PUBLIC.without full disclosure or their consent and it bothers them that someone has their soul even if it is a game.

So, i agree.  Welcome areas and newbs under 30 days old should be left alone not only by vamps but by anyone trying to recruit them into whatever their game, group or general thing is..  Give them time to explore and find out these things so they can make informed choices they are happy with and they stay in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.