How old?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well since about 80% of the adult SL population is 25 years old and over, and take in to account how many vampire games and sims there are in SL, I'd say ...yes there are good many people over 21 who pretend to be vampires in SL. It's no more juvenile than anything else in SL people "pretend" to do. Just out of curiosity, "Pamela" what do you do in SL? Well nevermind that, but I would hedge a bet a lot of people in RL would ask YOU if anyone over 21 plays that silly video game called Second :matte-motes-wink:Life.

Tracy Redangel wrote:

Well since about 80% of the adult SL population is 25 years old and over, and take in to account how many vampire games and sims there are in SL, I'd say ...yes there are good many people over 21 who pretend to be vampires in SL. It's no more juvenile than anything else in SL people "pretend" to do.
Just out of curiosity, "Pamela" what do you do in SL? Well nevermind that, but I would hedge a bet a lot of people in RL would ask YOU if anyone over 21 plays that silly video game called Second
:matte-motes-wink:Life.

I think you picked the wrong person for a bet like that. Heh.

Imagination, that's the word. If you think that people over 21yo have no imagination, no desire to have some fantasy, never say "In his place I would have done this and this to avoid such a bad situation" when they see a movie or read a book, doesn't like to listen, tell, live stories that take them away from their everyday life, then, actually, you can't imagine them playing vampires or other strange characters.

Librancien Upsilon wrote:

Imagination, that's the word.
If you think that people over 21yo have no imagination, no desire to have some fantasy,
never say "In his place I would have done this and this to avoid such a bad situation" when they see a movie or read a book, doesn't like to listen, tell, live stories that take them away from their everyday life, then, actually, you can't imagine them playing vampires or other strange characters.

I don't know why you think you know what I think.

There's quite a lot of stuff people do in both SL and RL the motive for which I cannot personally fathom; that you extrapolate from that, that I think people over 21 have no imagination, I can only attribute to very poor reading comprehension.

Morag MacIntyre wrote:

Soon 40 in RL and still playing a vampire / lycan game on second life, and ?
shouldn't we be free to be whatever we want to be
? or must secondlife be  boring as rl ?
:)

No you should not be free. Cancel your account and take up knitting.

(For crying out loud, where do people come up with these straw men?)

Pamela Galli wrote:

Librancien Upsilon wrote:

Imagination, that's the word.
If you think that people over 21yo have no imagination, no desire to have some fantasy,
never say "In his place I would have done this and this to avoid such a bad situation" when they see a movie or read a book, doesn't like to listen, tell, live stories that take them away from their everyday life, then, actually, you can't imagine them playing vampires or other strange characters.

I don't know why you think you know what I think.

Talking about "very poor reading comprehension", I'm not an english native speaker, so maybe my teachers were wrong when they told me that a sentence beginning with "If" is not an assertion.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I just can't imagine anyone over, say, 21 on the outside, playing Vampire.  Is this something that adults really do?

Then you will certainly explain what change, according to you, during the last night of anyone's twenty-first year prevents  to play a vampire anymore.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.