How old?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I just can't imagine anyone over, say, 21 on the outside, playing Vampire.  Is this something that adults really do?

Well, Pam, I'm 39 *coughs* and I sometimes dabble in vamp RP. Well, truth be told I dabble in all sorts of RP. I do feel, though, that my finest RP hour was as a Granny of Gor.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Thank you Carole, that is the kind of answer to my question I was looking for.

I guess I have trouble imagining adults RPing Vampire because I don't know what is involved. What sorts of things do you do while RPing Vampire?

Well dear, it's not as easy as it looks. Ideally you should be familiar with a classic vamp piece, such as Bram Stoker's Dracula (I'd strong advise against researching the original Prince Vlad, as not only will it put you off vamp RP, but probably off your tea as well) in order to lend a flavour of authenticity to your RP. However, if that seems like an effort (I was quite a high-ranking Gorean for a bit without ever having read one of those books by Norman, and I can assure you nobody ever noticed), you can always buy a set of pointy teeth and wear something black and go around asking people if you can nibble their necks. When you get fed up with that, all you have to do is remove the teeth and you can go hang in an emo or goth sim.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Okay so I get dressed up as a vampire, and then...what?

Well, first of all, have you got the teeth? If you don't have the teeth, you're just going to look daft, aren't you? You'll descend on people, flapping your cape, murmuring, "Your blooooooood...I vont your blooooooood" (if you can manage a Rumenian accent, that would be really good), and they'd turn round and say, "But you don't have them pointy fangs. How are you going to bite me without any fangs? You're just a wannabe vamp. Get stuffed!", and youre going to feel really, really silly, aren't you?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.