How to see if people are at a location before going

WhiteLione

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone

I was wondering if there is a way that you can see if there is a lot of people at a location before you Tp over, quite a few times I have found a cool place and TP over there but when I get there it is Empty.

So is there way to find out if there is a lot people, or do u just have to ask your friends who is online if there is a lot of people there.

Thank for your help

You can also use the suggestions here for the reverse -- to see when a sim is full to bursting which generally means lag. In those cases before you attempt the TP you can check your avatar for extraneous bits to remove -- like lots of scripts, and so on -- to reduce YOUR contribution to the lag and increase your chance of being able to TP into the sim. This is useful for music events, sales at popular stores, party places, etc.

Charly Muggins wrote:

It's funny, when I have tpd places stripped to my gstring the hostesses seem less than enamoured with my contribution to lag reduction.

Were you TPing to a formal dress requirement sim? If so, then the fault is yours. You  should have put on a black bow tie, black socks and patent leather shoes with the g-string.

Ellyn Elan wrote:

Charly Muggins wrote:

It's funny, when I have tpd places stripped to my gstring the hostesses seem less than enamoured with my contribution to lag reduction.

Were you TPing to a formal dress requirement sim? If so, then the fault is yours. You  should have put on a black bow tie, black socks and patent leather shoes with the g-string.

You're right Ellyn, a bow tie at least.

To avoid running afoul of "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" it seems the g-string might be the wrong choice for minimal-lag dressing. I suggest just a shirt and shoes... and the bow-tie for formal.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.