Requesting information about the moderation rules.

Canoro Philipp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

as you may notice, some threads here have been very harsh towards the moderation team, and you may feel offended by such harsh words, youre human and have feelings too, but i dont think that thats the motivation to apply some punishments to users, your motivation must come from a set of rules of what is allowed and what is not. you must have also some guidelines to what type of infraction deserve what punishment.

as i understand, we get 3 warnings before we get another level of punishment, which would be a suspension, and after some amounts of suspensions we may get banned, and finally, permabanned. am i right?

i agree that there must be special rules, for example, the spammer that has been attacking the forums must be permabanned.

if the moderation rules are different from the TOS or community guidelines, can we get a copy of the rules, or a basic set of procedures, so that we are conscious of what lines not to cross? and also what levels of punishment is the best considered to what levels of infraction?

that way we can not say that we didnt know why we got the punishment we deserved.

Far from being a "spammer," Celestiall is an articulate and intelligent regular poster (with whom I happen to disagree on just about . . . everything!).

One can't discuss this issue very safely here, but you can get a pretty good picture by reading the recent posts -- several dozen of them -- on Rodvik's online profile feed:

Rodvik Linden 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.