Sign in to follow this  
Megumi Yoshiyuki

Caught his ass cheating!

I don't think true love and real romance exist, period, in SL or RL.  Men no longer know what being honoroable is, and women have forgotten the art of being a lady.  I have yet to meet, or even hear of, an honest man who understands (and lives by) a code of honor and faithfulness....

With that said; however, you should never comprimise your values!   Hold out for a hero and if he never comes, at least you know you were always true to your values and never disrespected yourself the way so many common others do :)

You'd only been with him three months, and already he professed eternal love and the desire for children....that alone should have raised a couple dozen warning signals, or at least made someone consider the possibility that he was trying just a wee bit too hard there

The biggest thing in SL that I have learned is to not let the person hurt you feel like they have the satisfaction of hurting you.I know its hard and trust I have been there so many times i cant even count...The biggest thing you can do is surround yourself with friends. I used to be thinking that i had to search for love untill i forgot all about it and thats when it happened. Let love find you...when its time you will know. Its his loss and someone else's gain. Hold your head up high you dont need someone like that in your life...be thankful he did what he did which is allowing you to find someone to make you happy. Think of it as a second chance...its always easy to look at the bad side of things, but in this case he did you a favor...showed you he is a cheating jerk...and proved that you clearly deserve sooo much better!

You:

Do good family men even exist any more?  Anywhere?

Yes but it is football season, and most of the good guys take the winter off, and watch endless days and nights of FOOTBALL.... Once the playoff are dine and the Super Bowl is past.. We will return to to spawn... BUT while we are away.. Can you get me a beer and the remote please.. Thanks babes..

Lol, I could use a beer too. Just hope my team makes the playoffs.

On another note, yes there ate good guys out there but hard to find. Idk how you found out he was cheating but kudos to u. Just don't let the experience hinder your ability to trust Mr. Right when he does come along.

I always see most sl relationship as someting tht happens a lot faster then most rl relationships. People claim to fall in love quick, they claim they know each other - they partner - and just as fast those relationships are history because they next shiny things comes along - and the cycle begins all over again. For me - there is nothing wrong with this as long as people are not blatantly dishonest and do not intentionally hurt others.

I do belive having a long term monogamous relationship in sl is quite difficult. In rl there is simply so much more to be experienced - to be found out about each other. In sl we can so many things - but in the end itis always the other person who gives us the experience and anything else really just remains a bunch of pixels - no matter in which beautiful shapes we manipulate them.

Being hell bent on finding that special relationship is never a good thing - in sl and in rl. Much better to simply enjoy life, see what happens - be open minded to good strong friendships, to meeting new people - and in sl to testing all kinds of relationships. I see many more female avatars in sl then male avatars. So it really makes sense to aim for more polyamorous relationships then monogamous ones. SL is a great way to explore such things in a very safe and unthreatening way. Because in the end - we are all just pixels - and most people have numerous alts anyway.

I don't know. I've given up the idea of relationships and trust in SL. I got hurt bad in a partnership and since then don't have much interest. I just enjoy being with friends and lack the time inworld to be a good girlfriend for someone. I think too many people (male and female) see it as just a game with out considereing the real person.  With sooo many people around and about they seem to want to jump from one to another. Of course it's about living out fantasies you wouldn't get in RL.

Blah blah....my best advice....don't get tooo attached.