Sign in to follow this  
Megumi Yoshiyuki

Caught his ass cheating!

*Sigh* What a total disappointment. I had been with this guy for only 3 months but it still sucks. He claimed to love me, want marriage, kids and was fond of the word "Forever." I honestly thought we were going places. Turns out his friends list was full of other woman and he had nude pictures together with some chick. The worst part was I really loved him back.  I packed up my things and left without a second thought. I'll be okay - but I feel like I'm losing faith in men.

Is true Love on Second Life dwindling ? Where is the ever-lasting Romance? I feel like all I see nowadays is clubs and promiscuous girls with boobs hanging out (That take your boyfriends.)  I only know 1 monogomous couple that have been together for a bunch of years. I want that so bad. Am I an outcast for this? Should I give the dream up?

Regardless, I'm gonna enjoy the single life and see what happens next...Wish me luck.

It tends to happen unfortunately, sometimes you got to go trough the wrong ones till you find the right one. I'm sure that special someone will turn up in the end :)

Kud is right. it is possible to have serious relationships in SL but sometimes it's better and more fun to work your way through several boyfriends and cheap flings before you find 'the one' even then the relationship doesn't always pan out how you want it to and it fizzles out if you can remain good friends thats great if not there are pleanty of other guys out there you can have a good time with

Gee that's no good. Try to find yourself someone who is always busy making things. They don't have the time or the energy to stray or muck you about in any fashion. They also really appreciate the company and to have a break from making stuffs all the time.

Also, I am curious... If his ass was cheating ^^? perhaps he's batting for the wrong team anyways? Just an observation on my part that's all.

Never give up on your dreams, Megumi, but be aware, if you look under rocks, you'll often find toads.

I hope you soon recover from this bad experience, and I hope your ex soon discovers his new woman is a man in real life.

Lots of luck to you.

I don't understand why women are in here blaming other women for their promiscuous BOYfriends.  How is it another woman's fault that he chose to cheat on you or lie to you.  Please place the blame where it belongs - with your ex-idiot!  HE is probably playing the same game with all his other girlfriends.  Women are not your problem, HE is.  You are not the first female to come to the forum and blame only the women in SL for your boyfriend problems.  It is too bad he lied to you and pixel-humped other 'women', but come on!!!!  I am not heartless when it comes to relationship woes and it truly stinks that you have been hurt.  I hope you find a decent partner, but until then, just enjoy the single life in SL.  Your world just got a LOT bigger! 

So she caught him, no big deal.  I have an alt that is an aspiring vampire and OP seems pretty 'icy', maybe the two of us should hook up and have a prim baby.  We can name the child "Frostbite."  

Thanks for the encouraging support. I realize nobody made my boyfriend cheat on me. I just feel like it takes 2 to tango. He had my name in his profile, expressing his love for me. I don't understand how someone could disrespect that. I will never be 2nd to anyone. I guess what I was trying to emphasize, is that I'm kind of traditional. I believe in perfect fairy tale endings. I know I need to grow up lol. But loyalty shouldn't be too unrealistic to ask for. Either way, he's wrong. And yes, I am excited to move onward to my bright future and leave him behind in the dark.

Don't let some idiot snuff out your flame, Megumi.  After being screwed over a number of times in SL, I find myself in the situation that I'm so scared of being hurt again that I barely want to engage with anyone in any way in SL anymore.  I feel very cut off, I barely sign on anymore... I feel like it has ruined something very precious to me and I'm still searching for something to bring back that spark I used to have.  Don't let what happened to me happen to you, please.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and make your (second) life fabulous again... then let me know how you did it... lol.

I wish you the best of luck ...Dres

Just last night I was listening to this horror story about a friend who left her RL marriage to be with a guy in SL who turns out to be a conniving cheating bas-Turd! He ditched her and within a week or so got himself partnered to a girl who happens to be within their circle of friends. I can understand the fact that the man is 'beyond repair' and therefore should be treated nothing more than a pile of excrement...  but what I don't get it is What was on the newly partnered girl's mind to allow herself to be partnered to a guy like that?

She saw what went on between the ex-girl and the guy, she knew there was still a lot of hurting going on there... Can't she see it that the guy is just using her as a rebound? Where is the respect for other women? Was she just that shallow?

I mean look at these.. The Man has a partner... The Man barely just broke up with his ex-partner... The Man is married in RL... Which one of these will not hurt another woman's heart if we choose to lower our standard and jumped into The Man's bidding, in the name of selfishness and desparate loneliness?

Megumi, I just want to say that I've been there and it sucks! But I did learned a lot. As what I have told anyone before... He wasn't destined to make you happy. He was there to be a 'mistake' that you needed to learn from. Learn it well.

As you said it takes two....From what you have said this guy is a hound and i wouldn't put it past him if he didn't IM the women himself.  I've been in clubs and had guys there dancing with their partner and that had all kinds of things in their profile professing their eternal love for them IM and hit on me. Even some that have asked if I'd be around for a bit because they wanted to ditch their date and come back!  Don't understand why they think that I'd be interested in someone that cheats that way.  Its bad enough that they do but to show such little class is beyond me.

I sympathize with you and am sorry that you got hurt.  Comfort yourself with the thought that if these women take up with him, they will find themselves in your shoes sooner or later.  As for him, hope his karma catches up with him and he meets someone who he really falls for and gets the same treatment.

I'm glad that you are excited about your future and glad you realize this guy isn't worth it. Get out there and have some fun because living your life well and joyfully, despite what he did, is ultimately the best revenge on him.

The thing about SL is that it's approached in different ways by different people, all of whom can't see any wrong in their approach. So if someone looking for a fantasy romance meets someone who wants RL 'morals' involved - it will always be a disaster.

Pick your friends carefully, your lovers even moreso. Or be like me and be an 'SL butterfly' :smileywink:

Kud Schapire wrote:

Yus, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who toyed with your feelings and may their arms be too short to scratch it!

Thank you for your support.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Don't let some idiot snuff out your flame, Megumi.  After being screwed over a number of times in SL, I find myself in the situation that I'm so scared of being hurt again that I barely want to engage with anyone in any way in SL anymore.  I feel very cut off, I barely sign on anymore... I feel like it has ruined something very precious to me and I'm still searching for something to bring back that spark I used to have.  Don't let what happened to me happen to you, please.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and make your (second) life fabulous again... then let me know how you did it... lol.

I wish you the best of luck ...Dres

Heya, Dres.. You sound just like me. I've been screwed over and dumped on too. It's made me loose a lot of my love for SL. I don't sign on nearly as much as I used to and when I do, I avoid ppl.. even my friends.. and I rarely leave my land.

So, yeah, Megumi.. don't let this guy ruin SL for you. Let this be a learning experience and move on. Be smart, have fun and protect your heart.

Hugs you.. Nim

Nimue Mistwalker wrote:

Heya, Dres.. You sound just like me. I've been screwed over and dumped on too. It's made me loose a lot of my love for SL. I don't sign on nearly as much as I used to and when I do, I avoid ppl.. even my friends.. and I rarely leave my land.

Yep, that's me.  I've been this way before and I do know that I'm capable of pulling myself out of it, but, at this point, I'm really struggling to find the motivation.  It takes work to start over again and I'm afraid I just don't feel up to it this time.

Still, all hope is not lost.  They say time heals all wounds, maybe we just need a little more time.

Good luck ...Dres

Well Dres, maybe we should form a "Who wants My Inventory?" support cult group.

We all can come to Nimue's sim and do a bonfire or something and have good heart felt talk and cry ourselves out loud and scares our RL neighbours?

Willow Danube wrote:

Well Dres, maybe we should form a "Who wants My Inventory?" support cult group.

We all can come to Nimue's sim and do a bonfire or something and have good heart felt talk and cry ourselves out loud and scares our RL neighbours?

Willow, that sounds like a gooood purge to me! I've got a special folder named "X" to toss in the bonfire.. rings, necklaces, a couple gowns, RL pictures and tons of SL pictures.. (I'll keep the earrings, thank you very much!)

Most ladies with broken, beat down hearts go shopping and change their styles.. I change my land. It's now all submerged with only cattails and waterlilies. I'll have to play gODDess and raise up an island for the Cultic Conflagration of Poignantly Painful Pixels... Who's bringing the booze???

:matte-motes-whistle:

Yes I have, not done well with my sl relationships, either to clingy/needy, or distant. Yeah I have screwed them up. So I have exiled myself to my sim. Even tried to mute myself. For the 2 bridges I burned, sorry. For the ones that burned me. Such is life, as it applies to sl as it does to rl.....

Have a fantastic Monday

There is a postscript to this.. but has been edited for content..

Well sweetie, join the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too many enjoy the game of cheating, lying of course my fave..... Fault you for why they were cheating to begin with. Sad to say but those of us that are monogamous are a rare breed..... Those that run around SL sleeping around just to earn the reputation that they do are VERY  sad sad folks :)

Okay, so here is a suggestion...turn off SL...take a lovely relaxing bath...then put on some nice sexy clothes...go out the front door...get in the car (or whatever) ....and go out in RL!   While virtual is nice, RL is better. 

I agree with Maryanne. Find yourself a builder, and become the other thing that we divide our attention amongst.

The downside to this is:

We may be a little preoccupied with what we do. So if your idea of "relationship" is sex beds and Mature sims with every waking moment, fuhgetabout it.

I met someone like that and it ended up not being cute and a source of division, after a while. I'm just not that into pixel sex (Herein referred to as "PSX"), but I am a caring individual :3.

Sometimes you may face delays in interactions and appointments. I typically keep mine but if I happen to be on some sort of technical breakthrough in my work (which typically occur within 5-6 weeks of any new engineering task I engage in) expect to wait a minute or so before I stop everything to attend to you or spend the day with you, which happens if youre patient with the above.

We may or may not use particularly attractive avies. A LOT of people use square jawed, chissel chested avies that bare no resemblance to the person, have no significance to anything they do in world.. they just want to look like pretty boys. Pokes both ways with the chicks who use avies with.. exxagerated... anatomical.. configurations... anyway... You cannot ask this of a person who's main hobby is to create, innovate and make truthful things, in some cases.

Visually, we are more abstract, more true to some form. Many of us choose not to be shaped like everyone else.

Not that none of us are attractive, but none of us are garden variety.

The upside:

We're generally down for anything when we're not working on things. I guess that would include PSX, sometimes, too. We will listen attentively, whether we are or aren't scripting at the moment. We probably have a more social nature than social-sexual nature, meaning most of our friends are not people we hook up with.

If we're commercial builders, then we do all of the above in the spirit of giving, just as work demands. If I listen to you, it's because I know you want to be listened to and I aim to fulfill. If I DO engage in PSX with you, it will be largely geared toward your pleasure. 

All in all you can find a worthwhile accompaniment in a builder, if you can tolerate our eggheaded nuances.