Sign in to follow this  
Aurelia Lionheart

Hey man, keep your shirt on

I'm thinking of starting a movement within SL to get guys to wear shirts and not walk around "topless" all the time. I'm really starting to get annoyed when being in a club, at least 60% of the male guests aren't wearing shirts. Like do they walk around shirtless in RL all the time too.

It's not the occasional shirtless day, most of the guys I meet are never ever wearing a shirt.
Not to mention the ones that think that wearing a pair of noob pants and bare feet will not be notices because of their strong muscular body *coughs*

BTW I'm not talking about newbie folks here, not everyone can afford non noob paints and shoes.

Really guys.... we ladies don't like shirtless guys that much.
Personally I feel that a well and fully dressed avi is much more appealing to women

I also think we women are discrimated.
Also during shopping sprees at PG / M / Adult sims I encounter a lot of guys who walk around topless in stores.
Maybe their shirt got stolen from the washing line and they are looking for a new one.. who knows
But as a woman, taking a stroll or shop on SL topless, you'll probably end up with an ejection of sim ban.

I had the unfortunate experience that I was kicked off a sim recently for shopping Topless! I swear my innocence in this matter because on my screen I really was wearing a top and also a check in my inventory confirmed I really had something on, but the owner was resentless and kicked me off.

Anyways: guys! please keep your shirt on.

• Like 1

More likely it has to do with guys thinking we need an panties change as soon as we meet a bare chested macho.
Topless girls are a major turn on for guys, proof of that is the huge amount of stripclubs.

Maybe they think that if they get all hot and bothered by some naked bewbies, we women get hot seeing guy's nipples.
Or they are just lazy dressers

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with a little male nudity every now and then.
But not all the time.

If I want to see a naked guy, I'll invite one home and rip his clothes off, go to a nude beach or to a ladies only club.
But not while I'm shopping or standing in a regular dance club (non strippers).

• Like 1

I laugh when I read these kinds of posts about so many men having "strong muscular bodies" or being overdeveloped shirtless or otherwise not conforming to how someone else's personal preferences.  How many women do you see in SL with large perfect breasts and hourglass figures or 'ideal' model bodies?  How many women dress in outfits with extreme necklines, lower than low rider pants, bare midriffs and skirts so short that if it were RL they'd be arrested for exposing themselves anytime they move?  How about women that wear fashions by fashionista designers so extreme that you have to wonder if the designer was playing a joke on them?

Sorry, people should look and dress how they want to as long as they conform to the rating and dress code of the venue, after all its their SL and part of the fun and fantasy.  If you don't find it attractive, that's your personal opinion.  You can move on.  If you find them otherwise attractive and it is mutual, you can try to convince them to dress to please you.  Obviously not all women agree with you as I don't notice these men void of dates or partners.

• Like 1

Sigh.  I know what you mean, Aurelia.  I'm quite sure a lot of it is down to laziness though.  It took me ages to get my partner to put on more than a pair of surf shorts, and we were never even near the beach  :smileyvery-happy:   Since then i've taught him how to create and save outfits so it's made it a bit easier for him.  I really don't get why some of them don't/won't put the effort in. 

• Like 1

we like to go shirtless because its so comfortable.

and society allow us to not wear one, different from women.

i say instead of getting guys to wear shirts, we do the opposite, stop the discrimination against topless women.

• Like 1

Ann Otoole wrote:

Maybe they can't find any shirts that don't have a big obnoxious store brand ad on the back.

so like RL?

that said I will point and laugh at guys walking around shirtless if they're on a winter sim "enjoy the hypothermia!"

• Like 1

of course, situation matters, but I happen to love seing them topless....at least!

I always joke in my sim that a man wearing clothes makes as much sense as a wrapped Christmas present, two days after Christmas.

• Like 1

Ginette Pinazzo wrote:

I always joke in my sim that a man wearing clothes makes as much sense as a wrapped Christmas present, two days after Christmas.

Doesn't it just make you want to rip off the paper even more?

• Like 1

ok i have one thing to say about that...OMG ROFLING! Seriously everyone and  their mothers know that no guy in secondlife keeps a shirt on when they go into stores,clubs or where ever else they go. So honestly keep the shirts off guys cause its a VERY good sight to see.

to anyone that doesn't like it either look away and not pay attention to them or just tp off. Its a free SL and everyone can do whatever they want.

Violet TopHat wrote:

... no guy in secondlife keeps a shirt on when they go into stores,clubs or where ever else they go.

I've certainly shown my share of skin (naked dance parties, ayone?), but that's just not true. I know for a fact that I'm not the only exception.

Funny topic... I too had issues with this but not for the same reason.  I find it offensive that a man can go shirtless and if a woman does it, it's considered offensive.  My breast are offensive?  

One day about a year ago, I jumped into the bandwagon for the Go Topless day, a movement to state equality in that if a man can go topless in public, why cannot a woman?  As such, I spent the day topless and went to many clubs where men are often found dancing topless as well.  

I was kicked out of most.  It's not the fact that I think I need to go topless and I too find it pretty lame when a guy runs around without a shirt on..I think it's more ego since in RL they probably have their belly's hanging over their pants and this is their  "Moment".  My push was not to let me take my top off but if I have to wear one, then damnit, the men need to as well.

Oddly, at one point I asked for a show of hands and not a single man objected to me being topless, just women...go figure.

Me raises hand and says I prefer avatar males with their shirt on.  I don't know why, but I do.  Now a sleeveless shirt with nice rounded muscles, that got me in the trouble I'm in in rl!  Saw his muscles in a sleeveless shirt and was a goner.  He didn't even have to say "hello".  

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I laugh when I read these kinds of posts about so many men having "strong muscular bodies" or being overdeveloped shirtless or otherwise not conforming to how someone else's personal preferences.  How many women do you see in SL with large perfect breasts and hourglass figures or 'ideal' model bodies?

Um...

Almost none.

Female shapes can't do that unless they conform to proper proportions. And because of the arm length problem, that limits them to at most 6-feet tall to have good proportions.

Instead most look like 'pencil insects'.

Canoro Philipp wrote:

thats right!

is not against the rules of Linden Lab to be shirtless.

girls should have the same freedom too.

ON most of the grid we do. All but the PG sims. Unless on M land local rules say otherwise (and while they can also make silly rules like that on A land, you have to wonder why such fools bought on A).

If they'll let me take it off, I'll let them take it off. Maybe we can make a deal there? :)

Side tracking here, but some SL-men choose the funniest looking 'attachments' (ok, that's pants and we're talking shirts) - way way to big and with certain angles that imply 'heavy' - its more funny than interesting, attracting, or repelling. :)

I frequently pop into M rated places unclothed, when in one of my phases, and cloth up if I see an indication that I ought to. On A land, I don't even question that I can wear as little as I desire.

Shirtless guys don't bother me - but the bias against shirtless women is just silly.

I find it hilarious that anyone would have a problem with a shirtless woman in an adult sim in SL.

but then..I am a man. :manvery-happy: