Sign in to follow this  

Vampire clans-What's your experience with them?

I hope this isn't too broad of a topic, but I just like hearing about others' experiences, whether good...bad...wonderful, etc.

My own experience at first started out very good. My husband and I started off with a small clan, which we were king and queen of. Of course, die-hard bloodlines players sometimes gave us flack because we didn't have the 'required' 400 + soul count to be king or queen ( I could go on and on about my opinion on that subject

For a while, we had a nice, small group of friends who just liked to hang out, play greedy and hang out at rock clubs. And then more and more people wanted to join. At first, it was really fun to see new people, but then after a while, there was always drama over relationship woes, and of course as king and queen they wanted us to get involved. Then we had a falling out with some of our closest friends and they left. It was really heartbreaking and painful, because these were real friends to us. So by the end, it just became too much and we disbanded. . So now it's just me and my husband. We're still vampires, but we don't have a clan...and probably will never join another. But I'd like to find another venue for my husband and I to have fun as vampires.

What are your experiences with clans? Do you think they're good...bad...too controlling?

Just like people in RL they are all different!

I started of in one clan left with a few other members to form a new one and that failed. The one I am in now is large friendly and helpful with rules that are Noob friendly, in fact we often help without turning or biting people. I  have a large group of friends in here through joining the game, far more than I would of had if I hadn't joined and it's been real fun at times.

(we don't bite until the game is explained and we make sure that they really wish to play the game)

There is worse than vampires in SL that's all I have got to say on that.. All anyone has to do is wear the garlic, (I carry one with me for noobs) if you don't want to be bitten against your wishes.

I have no opinion really...  I was bitten less than 2 weeks into the game.  I did not know what I was getting into, but nothing really came of it.  My first liege disappeared due to RL issues 3 weeks later, he gave to his friend who also disappeared within a month.  I wandered around and joined clan 'events' - dances, blood drives, tagged along with hunting parties (rarely happened).  It wasn't for lack of being available.  I decided I didn't need a liege and I was never going to be anything but human anyway. 

I still had no desire to be a vampire.  I would meet newly turned vamps from other clans wandering also with no idea of what they were suppose to do or how exactly to get the blood they needed.  They had lieges, but were never taught anything about how to hunt and keep up with their blood needs.  I would usually help them a little for a few weeks then they had to find their own way or get an amulet of some kind so they wouldn't have to hunt. 

Half a year later the Queen of my clan approached me about 'feeding' members of other clans and asked why I was helping them and I told her I wasn't really needed for anything in her clan.  Everyone had amulets and when they had blood drives it was just for clan wealth.  I reminded her I had been a member of her clan since I joined SL and never had anything to do and hadn't really formed any family relationships to speak of.  I was pretty happy being without a liege by that time, but she disagreed.  I agreed to let her be my liege (one last chance to feel involved), but nothing ever came of it.  I have not heard from a single clan member including the queen for almost 10 months.

I harbor no ill will towards anyone.  I was just lost in the shuffle, an un-needed human.  I had high hopes of belonging to a family and having a place in the clan, but it didn't work out.  I have since moved on to other things in SL and I am enjoying myself.  I know this is not  a very exciting story - it doesn't even have any good drama - my vampire experience just....  wasn't.  Oh well, Second Life is a big place.

Cinn

my first clan was a bad one, the queen was incredibly paranoid that anyone at any point could be talking behind her back or questioning her leadership. at one point I recieved a warning that I'd be expelled from the clan for "trying to go beyond her authority"  my crime? a leader from another clan dropped by the clan's castle and asked me if anyone from our royal family was there and I said "yeah they're upstairs"

I eventually was kicked out of the clan (because I didn't remove someone else who was kicked from the clan from my friend's  list)   and about a month later I had heard the clan had disbanded altogether

my new clan is good though, it's had its ups and downs like any group, our former king left due to RL stuff (leaving SL altogether) and my liege took it over, we're a small clan and not very activve but we always have each others backs if anyone needs anything and that works for us, currently not counting the royal family itself I'm the highest ranking member, (although that's really just a title nothing beyond that) 

I was always cool with the vamps, tell my girlfrind got involed with them,  she was ask to help raise money to pay the sim rent for the clan,  the plan was to auction the clan members for dates, she ask me if it was ok she did this,  I said so your asking me if its ok for you to sell yourself for a date to help your clan pay the sim rent. She said yes.  Of coarse I said hell no,  and we had a fight about it.  She said she wasnt going to do it,  Well when the auction date came up I went to the auction as my alt and saw her there, ok cool she here to just watch,  well next thing I know she is up on the stage getting bided on ,  OMG so now she is no longer my girlfrind. And I hate vanpires now.

Being an elf from Middle Earth, I'm immune to being a vampire. But I have got to be friends with quite a lot of them. It looks to this outsider that the experience of the group depends a lot on the ability of the core of the group to manage drama (you'll never avoid that entirely) as well as their political adroitness. I've found it's difficult to lead an in world group while at the same time enjoying the experience of playing- which is the sine qua non of SL.

I think it's all a matter of finding likeminded people. the die-hard people should stick to die-hard clans. light hearted players to light hearted groups. This applies to all games. when SWTOR starts up this winter, I will be playing with friends who I know i will have fun with. We are open for people joining us, but they have to understand we don't take things super serious.

as for the person who broke up with their girlfriend, sounds like you two had communication & trust issues. Frankly, I would have said "I am doing this fund raiser and you don't really get a say." You need to have open communication to lead to good trust in a relationship or it's not going to work.

The Vamipre thing is a game within SL. Everything else is the normal relationship stuff that goes on. It is disturbing that some people disappear into the Vampire game and although you see them log into SL you never hear a word from them becuase they are always busy with the "clan". Its their choice, I hope they have fun.  There are only three things I don't like about Vampires and Vampire clans. One I think is a cheap shot. Vampires who hangout in the "Noobie" locations and prey on "Noobies". I have met a few  (2 or 3) who had no clue that you could be in sl and not be a Vampire. Number two, the bite requests even when you are wearing a garlic necklace. The third is that everyone in SL is forced to play the Vampire game like it or not.

Just my 2 cents worth

Same as Morwen, my Gallifreyan Time Lord DNA makes my blood toxic to Vamps. As long as they don't hurt anyone, I'm fine with it. My RL partner is an in-world Vampire. I content myself with my distaste for sexy-vamps by assuring myself she's really a hemophage, ala Ultraviolet (the movie, not the series). Most of the clans (be they Vampire, Werewolf, Angel/Demon, or other Supernatural) I have interacted with have been just as decent or just as suspect as any other group, from Green Lanterns to Colonial Viper Pilots to Browncoats to Dolls to spandex Superheroes to Federation Starfleet Officers. Its all about the people, not the psychosocial shorthand overlay identity.

Hi Cinn,

I am in SecondLife but I'm not into vampires, I just received an email about this post and was curious what it is all about.  I just wanted to share with you a different venue where you would feel accepted, loved and be a part of a group. Please try to keep an open mind as I'm sure you do with vampire things and such...but the family that would love to accept you and will be the best family ever is the family of followers of Jesus Christ (Yeshua, His Hebrew name which means salvation).

He will love you unconditionally and fulfill every need you have. He does change you but it is all good. I have been with Him since I was 8 years old and I'm now 43.  I wouldn't trade His family for anything in this world...really and truly. I have been through times in my life when I deserted Him and didn't want to be with Him, but he lovingly always drew me back to Himself and has blessed me beyond what I could ever have dreamed up for myself.  I know this may all sound "corny" but it really is the only family I want to be in. I'm not talking about a church family or local congregation or even the common history of Christianity. I am talking about a real, up-close and personal relationship with the Messiah of this world, Jesus Christ. I study everything about God through the Jewish roots of how the Bible was written. It makes so much more sense and fits together perfectly more than it ever did in my local church. I'm not saying church is not good...Our family does go to a local church building, but that's not what the relationship with Him is about. 

I appreciate you reading this far and I am praying for you right this moment....and if you want to talk or have any questions whatsoever, I will try to give you answers...honestly and out of pure love for you...

Sincerely

Deanna Moseley (my real name not my secondlife name which is deeann)

Have a great evening.

As a Wiccan, I approve this message. Decide what your Version of Divine is, be it a bearded carpenter, a hammer-welding giant slayer, or the Universe itself. My relationship with the Goddess has been lifelong, and I am 45 myself. Jesus seems pretty cool, since his new and everlasting covenant supercedes the command to kill all us witches as noted in Exodus 22:18 and Leviticus 20:27. :smileywink:

Athiests, well.. Bill and Ted probably said it best for you guys. :smileyhappy:

My experience with vampires has been bad as of now I'm destroyed have no experience with hunting or how to play the game, my clans queen doesnt talk to me just to my liege. To top it of my liege used to be my partner and bonded and when he broke off the relationship he terminated our friendship, I don't know anyone from the clan anyway so they aren't helping me understand the game. I'm now looking for a fun, get to know everyone at the clan type of clan but haven't had success.

My experience with vampires has been bad as of now I'm destroyed have no experience with hunting or how to play the game, my clans queen doesnt talk to me just to my liege. To top it of my liege used to be my partner and bonded and when he broke off the relationship he terminated our friendship, I don't know anyone from the clan anyway so they aren't helping me understand the game. I'm now looking for a fun, get to know everyone at the clan type of clan but haven't had success.

Sadly I have to say, my experience with vampire...clans (?) are bad.

I don't comply about the Roleplay itself or the way, the different clans interacting with themself, it's more the way, as "user of one product line" (let's name it direct "Bloodlines") interact with not involved residents.

I know, that this are "only some users, which play again the rules" and "which aren't rolplayers" and "are only a very less from the mass of users" ... but they are the people, I have to deal with so they are "the vampire clans" for me.

First problem: If you aren't involved with the game (and never bitten), you need only to TP to a crowded place and get a "bite-request" - even if the place is not a "vampire place".

Second: If you wearing the "garlic necklace" (Hello?! Why need I to show / wear an item if I don't want be involved with a 3rd-party add-on for SL?! Sorry, but that should be Opt-In, not Opt-Out.), some begging, you take it off.

And most problem: If you have a place (in my case a club), these (faulty) users come, ignoring all rules ... say nothing and send bite-requests. I was ask in the past once LiquidDesigns (creators of Bloodlines) for a kind of "sleeper" item, which set the vampire-HUDs to a "no bite possible"-mode ... but they point on the necklace.

Well ... sorry for (fair) Vampire-Roleplayers ... but my experience with Clans, especially Bloodlines-ones, are bad ... sadly this opinion is about a rare group of faulty people ... but it is.

Sadly I have to say, my experience with vampire...clans (?) are bad.

I don't comply about the Roleplay itself or the way, the different clans interacting with themself, it's more the way, as "user of one product line" (let's name it direct "Bloodlines") interact with not involved residents.

I know, that this are "only some users, which play again the rules" and "which aren't rolplayers" and "are only a very less from the mass of users" ... but they are the people, I have to deal with so they are "the vampire clans" for me.

First problem: If you aren't involved with the game (and never bitten), you need only to TP to a crowded place and get a "bite-request" - even if the place is not a "vampire place".

Second: If you wearing the "garlic necklace" (Hello?! Why need I to show / wear an item if I don't want be involved with a 3rd-party add-on for SL?! Sorry, but that should be Opt-In, not Opt-Out.), some begging, you take it off.

And most problem: If you have a place (in my case a club), these (faulty) users come, ignoring all rules ... say nothing and send bite-requests. I was ask in the past once LiquidDesigns (creators of Bloodlines) for a kind of "sleeper" item, which set the vampire-HUDs to a "no bite possible"-mode ... but they point on the necklace.

Well ... sorry for (fair) Vampire-Roleplayers ... but my experience with Clans, especially Bloodlines-ones, are bad ... sadly this opinion is about a rare group of faulty people ... but it is.

somehow i recieved this post months later as email and thought i share my experience with u...even if they arent that much. Im registered in Second Life since 2008 but truly online since July 2010 so still a noob ;) I think i was a happy one cause in my first 6 hours of SL i didnt get any biting request although i explored crowded places and hunted for freebie stuff. So i survived my first day as a human noob. My teaching lessons i got on my second day. I met my friend in SL (she was the reason i started with SL) and she was somehow my leader here...i call her my Guardian Angel. :) Without her i wouldnt survive SL. After the usual HI and How r u and Good to see you the words followed ' before u play further i have to tell u something'. So I sat down and listened what mommy got to say and it was a lot. She explained me the whole vampire thing (cause she is one) but to be honest most of it i already forgot o.O At the end i had the garlic necklace and the advice if u want to play the vampire roleplay u have to know before what du really want in this game. Is the soul of your avatar important for you or not? Wanna spent money or not and and and. So i wore the necklace. Of course i met people who were a part of the bloodline game...well...i think at the beginning 3/4 my friends were bloodliners but i havent made any bad experiences and i havent got any biting request and they didnt ask. So far i only made good experiences. My experiences here are more like 'if u have problems come to me'. So i think i met the right vampires :D Now im grown up and dont wear the necklace anymore...over 11months i thinks...no biting request even if im in clubs or in totally noob areas. Of course i dont look like a noob anymore so i dont know if that is the reason or how im acting. I cant say this. Till now i have always made good experiences. Maybe cause of my start here. Not everyone had a good soul who was there for u, explained everything and helped u out and im really gratefull for that. The whole vampire game is still interesting for me...maybe i will be a vamp or lycan or something totally different someday. I think if u will be a part of a group who is not blood-greedy it could be a great fun-game.

somehow i recieved this post months later as email and thought i share my experience with u...even if they arent that much. Im registered in Second Life since 2008 but truly online since July 2010 so still a noob ;) I think i was a happy one cause in my first 6 hours of SL i didnt get any biting request although i explored crowded places and hunted for freebie stuff. So i survived my first day as a human noob. My teaching lessons i got on my second day. I met my friend in SL (she was the reason i started with SL) and she was somehow my leader here...i call her my Guardian Angel. :) Without her i wouldnt survive SL. After the usual HI and How r u and Good to see you the words followed ' before u play further i have to tell u something'. So I sat down and listened what mommy got to say and it was a lot. She explained me the whole vampire thing (cause she is one) but to be honest most of it i already forgot o.O At the end i had the garlic necklace and the advice if u want to play the vampire roleplay u have to know before what du really want in this game. Is the soul of your avatar important for you or not? Wanna spent money or not and and and. So i wore the necklace. Of course i met people who were a part of the bloodline game...well...i think at the beginning 3/4 my friends were bloodliners but i havent made any bad experiences and i havent got any biting request and they didnt ask. So far i only made good experiences. My experiences here are more like 'if u have problems come to me'. So i think i met the right vampires :D Now im grown up and dont wear the necklace anymore...over 11months i thinks...no biting request even if im in clubs or in totally noob areas. Of course i dont look like a noob anymore so i dont know if that is the reason or how im acting. I cant say this. Till now i have always made good experiences. Maybe cause of my start here. Not everyone had a good soul who was there for u, explained everything and helped u out and im really gratefull for that. The whole vampire game is still interesting for me...maybe i will be a vamp or lycan or something totally different someday. I think if u will be a part of a group who is not blood-greedy it could be a great fun-game.

Vampire clan is the ultimate oxymoron, because clan means family and vampires are self centered, immature, and care for nobody but their own selves. In RL, I welcomed an individual into my household and after seeing samples of my art and creativity, she recommended I join SL. Within the first 5 minutes, in world, she turns out to be a vampire and bites me. For a year, every vampire I meet tells me I have no soul, the club I dance at, become a manager and top earner at, turns out to be owned by a vamp, who asks me to become his mistress and fires and bans me for turning him down. Since then, I spend money to drink potion to get soul back and his club goes from #1 to barely hanging on. The owner has sucked the life out of what was once a great family. Now, if I discover that somebody on my friends is a vamp, it is good grounds for removing them. If asked, how could SL be improved, I say eliminate all vampires and LL UI programmer, because they both do more damage to community than any other faction I have ever seen in SL and RL.

I believe we all have the right to decide for ourselves, so don't ask to outlaw vamps. I do recommend, however, if you meet a vamp, walk the other way, shun them, or show them the error of their thinking. For me, SL is an experiment for creating heaven on earth, but vamps try to make SL a bigger hell than RL already is.

Sha

Vampire clan is the ultimate oxymoron, because clan means family and vampires are self centered, immature, and care for nobody but their own selves. In RL, I welcomed an individual into my household and after seeing samples of my art and creativity, she recommended I join SL. Within the first 5 minutes, in world, she turns out to be a vampire and bites me. For a year, every vampire I meet tells me I have no soul, the club I dance at, become a manager and top earner at, turns out to be owned by a vamp, who asks me to become his mistress and fires and bans me for turning him down. Since then, I spend money to drink potion to get soul back and his club goes from #1 to barely hanging on. The owner has sucked the life out of what was once a great family. Now, if I discover that somebody on my friends is a vamp, it is good grounds for removing them. If asked, how could SL be improved, I say eliminate all vampires and LL UI programmer, because they both do more damage to community than any other faction I have ever seen in SL and RL.

I believe we all have the right to decide for ourselves, so don't ask to outlaw vamps. I do recommend, however, if you meet a vamp, walk the other way, shun them, or show them the error of their thinking. For me, SL is an experiment for creating heaven on earth, but vamps try to make SL a bigger hell than RL already is.

Sha

Thank you Sha!

I myself feel that if vampires must exist in SL, they should be restricted to Vampire sims. Those that wish to play can, but leave the rest of us alone!

I was told about second life on a plain from England to the USA by a single serving friend from Texas.  I signed up and that night I was bitten by some guy randomly (spam bite).  That night I followed the note card that was delivered with the bite to a bloodlines location where I had a look around.  I've ALWAYS been in to vampires so I was pretty excited but I had no idea what had happened to me.  At Bloodlines I met a vampiress who was very kind to me and that night she paid for the potion to reverse my condition.  I then was invited to her families land where I learned what it was to be a vampire in Second Life.  I was really excited to become a vampire and was told that I had to wait until the family meeting the next Friday to be turned.  I was told not to bite anyone or allow anyone to bite me as it would ruin the animation during the turning.  That week I was allowed to roam their land freely and meet with all the various members of the family.  I also learned a bit about building from the King during that week and went to a public sandbox where I met my future queen Marianna who I brought into my family on the same night I was turned.  The family was great at the beginning.  We had weekly meetings to turn new members and get to know them.  I was taught how to hunt by my liege and other members of the clan.  I learned A LOT more about building from my King who was an expert builder and I was introduced to animating and scripting as well.  Overall it was a fantastic introduction to vampire life in SL as well as SL itself. 

Eventually I had become a ranking member in my clan with 10 children and being ever grateful to my king and family decided that it was time for a new chapter.  Marianna and I decided that we wanted to start our own clan so I created an ALT prior to breaking the news to my family that we were going to be not leaving but extending the family.  THAT IS WHEN IT ALL WENT WRONG.  The King showed his true colors and talked a lot of **bleep** behind our backs.  Tried to talk my children into abandoning me and staying with him even though I had given them the option of coming with us or staying there anyways.  It all ended in tears unfortunately but we did start our own family and ALL of our children came with us. 

The biggest problem with starting a family is the perpensity for young vampires to live off blood containers and buy their own blood (this in my opinion defeats the purpose of the game).  When I joined I don't think I drank from a cask for the first year or so and by that time I had the forever amulet and no longer needed blood.  The point of the game in my opinion is to meet new people.  Feeding off people by actually talking to them and convincing them that the vampire life is for them is what is fun about the game.  Sitting in a corner and spam biting people just to increase your wealth is pointless and will always cause strife in a clan.  Long story short I still love my family in second life and my liege from the olden days I still call her mother (even on Facebook which can get slightly weird and confusing for my real mother)

Anyways..That's my story..I would love to get into another clan but it would need to be the right one which will probably mean that eventually I will start another one myself.  Trying to think of good ideas so let me know if you have any considering the story I have told.

Thanks,

Exaurious