Linden Lab is a Vampire

Venus Petrov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

They are responsible for nearly 1/2 the OPs in this subforum.  They post for other inworld vampires (so they must be the uber king of the vampires).  Why?  Why this fascination with vampires?  It is not like they are a dying breed.  Unless someone screwed up their windlight settings.

Linden Lab as a vampire.  Discuss.

I've been puzzled about this sub fora also and agree, WTF is up with this!

But one can not accuse whoever started this sub fora of brown nosing Rod given his stated prefernce.

Rodvik Linden wrote:

The most fun I have had is with tinies. My goodness people are so NICE to you if you are walking around as a 2ft tall little creature
:)

But seriously, I know the original objections to a separate GLBT sub fora but with all the men who play women and all the women who play men maybe we should petition for one of those also!

And a Gorean and a Robot and a Faerie and a Neko and a Furry and one for Purple Unicorns.

Perrie Juran wrote:

I've been puzzled about this sub fora also and agree, WTF is up with this!

But one can not accuse whoever started this sub fora of brown nosing Rod given his stated prefernce.

Rodvik Linden wrote:

The most fun I have had is with tinies. My goodness people are so NICE to you if you are walking around as a 2ft tall little creature
:)

But seriously, I know the original objections to a separate GLBT sub fora but with all the men who play women and all the women who play men maybe we should petition for one of those also!

And a Gorean and a Robot and a Faerie and a Neko and a Furry and one for Purple Unicorns.

Oh. Can I get one for Blond Dutch Samurai on high heels ?

Venus Petrov wrote:

It is not like they are a dying breed.  Unless someone screwed up their windlight settings.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Screwed up their windlight settings!  Good one!

They are not a dying breed, their food supply is, but the Vampires are already kaput. Nitpicking.

Perrie Juran wrote:

I don't recall objections to a separate GLBT subforum, the objections were that LL wanted it to be adult only and hidden away from anyone else, as if it was something of which to be ashamed.

@Venus: You're lucky it wasn't just deleted, like the one I started on the first day.  I even asked for it to be moved here in the very last post I made before they locked it.  I hate being prematurely optimistic, but perhaps this is what's known as an improvement.

...Dres

Wow.

I am all for attracting new blood residents, and getting to know stuff in SL..but the endless flow of new threads in the vampire-section is a bit em...overdone? One hardly gets the time to read and voila..the next expert is presented. Or a sequel of another one, that has hardly gotten any responds.

I dunno, the overkill is not getting me excited about Vampires at all.

Yes, Cait, seems like considerable energy is being spent on attracting more vamp loving fanz.  I do not know if all of them would be willing to RP vampires or their victims.  It would be nice if LL spent 1/2 of that energy actually asking residents what they would like to see in the forum.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I don't recall objections to a separate GLBT subforum, the objections were that LL wanted it to be adult only and hidden away from anyone else,
as if it was something of which to be ashamed.

...Dres

I forget all the details now and I don't feel like digging through the old transcripts but that was the bottom line of the issues and their whole approach to it at that time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.