Jump to content

Resident Spike Clémenceau-Silent's Vampire Story


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Spike Clémenceau-Silent rezzed in Second Life on March 14, 2010, and is the eldest of the Genesis Order Horde, wwner of SCS Designs, columnist for GayWorldsnews, SL DJ and father to Skylar Silent.

  1. How long have you been vamping in SL?

I became a vampire shortly after joining second life. Virtual worlds had always caught my attention and basically vamped up pretty quick after my “turning" –  even visited vampire sims with some of my new brothers and sisters; I’ll always regret, however, not having taken the time to explore the “human” side of Second Life before venturing into a clan, as there are things I haven’t experienced outside the vampire community until recently.

Spike Clemenceau

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, but you are a vamp and married a vamp, that's my point exactly. I love being a vampire in SL (well technically I am a Hybrid) but my son for one took the time to live SL as a human for a few months until he settled for becoming a lycan. There are lots of things in SL outside the vampire circles (which I just love or I wouldn't be doing this) that add to your vampire experience and sometimes these things can be quite simple and non related to the vampire lifestyle as I have come to learn recently.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your angle on things, Spike, seems to raise a matter that has been vexing me. The vampire section appears in the "People Forum" and yet you seem to be confirming my, perhaps limited, understanding that vampires are not people. Do vampires see themselves as quite distinct from people?

Link to post
Share on other sites

haha I never said that :-) but we do tend to run in packs and circles and sometimes the sole mention of the word vampire gets you pre-judged as a person (we are indeed all people after all, just under a different condition). My point when being interviewed was that, I got turned into a vampire when I was only 2 days old in the game (my avatar had been created about a week before my turning but I had only logged briefly twice), I feel that my son got the WHOLE perspective and time to make a choice by waiting before his turning, when I did not and sometimes I can't help but wonder if some time to meditate on it would have made a difference on the vampire I am now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im a vampire in SL , and i concider myself to be a person too ! Ilove to explore outside of the vampire community and have many friends from all sorts of weird and wonderfull places. Even though ide say i spend most of my time will my fellow vampires I love to visit and hang out with my human friends as much as i can ( Plus its always a bonus if i get thursty hehe)

Casey

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, there should not be any distinction between people and creatures -take furries for example- aren't we all in the end all residents anyways? It does give one a wider perspective to mix and match both worlds, the vampire and the non-vampire one, a small piece of advice and information that myself -like most new users- was failed to be given, but it all worked out in the end anyway. *waves at Casey and smiles* Don't play with your food Cas

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote: I became a vampire shortly after joining second life. Virtual worlds had always caught my attention and basically vamped up pretty quick after my “turning" –  even visited vampire sims with some of my new brothers and sisters; I’ll always regret, however, not having taken the time to explore the “human” side of Second Life before venturing into a clan, as there are things I haven’t experienced outside the vampire community until recently.

-------------------------

You make it sound like there is only one option once you choose a lifestyle in SL and no turning back. I find that a bit limited to say the least. I know plenty of people that Roleplay something and do lots of other things besides that.


When I leave my Samurai-sim, I am no longer the swordfighter but Caity the Explorer/Dancer/Elf or whatever I choose to be that day...

Um. You do realise you can actually  change avatar and step out for some fresh air?

 



Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's see. I am speaking from my own personal experience, not anyone else's. In second life the only person who defines the limits is non other than yourself. it is common practise -as it was my own personal case- that new residents are talked into being turned straight into vampires without being explained EXACTLY what it means to be one in SL. Our clan has very defined rules regarding this, where no residents under 7 days old may be hudded, as we feel a person who is less than a week in the game has not a full grasp of the whole simulator -how huds work, the inventory and so on- and some clans make an extra effort to undergo a mass production of vampires to up their ratings.

Again, from my own personal case and I am speaking of my own experience as a new resident, I feel some time to get properly informed or just randomly explore before deciding to join a clan would have helped me. But yes, I do DJ and have a shop and my clan life could be described as the most mild vampire one -I spend my free time outside the clan at my son's horse ranch-, and we welcome all sorts of people and we do not discriminate anyone, or make any differences on who is what.

Quote: Um. You do realise you can actually  change avatar and step out for some fresh air?

Yes I am aware of the possibility, I just choose to either do vamp things or human things or all sorts of things having the look I have spent lindens on and am comfortable and "feels" like me. Being a hybrid is who I am and I don't feel I should make any excuses for it and I have managed, on my own and without anyone's help to actually get a wider perspective after living a very intense initial clan life. I was speaking as my initial experience as a new resident, not now hun

Link to post
Share on other sites


Spike Clemenceau wrote:

Let's see. I am speaking from my own personal experience, not anyone else's. In second life the only person who defines the limits is non other than yourself. it is common practise -as it was my own personal case- that new residents are talked into being turned straight into vampires without being explained EXACTLY what it means to be one in SL. Our clan has very defined rules regarding this, where no residents under 7 days old may be hudded, as we feel a person who is less than a week in the game has not a full grasp of the whole simulator -how huds work, the inventory and so on- and some clans make an extra effort to undergo a mass production of vampires to up their ratings.

Again, from my own personal case and I am speaking
of my own experience as a new resident,
I feel some time to get properly informed or just randomly explore before deciding to join a clan would have helped me. But yes, I do DJ and have a shop and my clan life could be described as the most mild vampire one -I spend my free time outside the clan at my son's horse ranch-, and we welcome all sorts of people and we do not discriminate anyone, or make any differences on who is what.

Quote: Um. You do realise you can actually 
change avatar
and step out for some fresh air?

Yes I am aware of the possibility, I just choose to either do vamp things or human things or all sorts of things having the look I have spent lindens on and am comfortable and "feels" like me. Being a hybrid is who I am and I don't feel I should make any excuses for it and I have managed, on my own and without anyone's help to actually get a wider perspective after living a very intense initial clan life. I was speaking as my initial experience as a new resident, not now
hun

Thanks, by dismissing me with a 'hun',  I know enough.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...