Most of my wardrobe is unwearable!

ellerc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Whatever blog you got it from, ANY mesh content requires a mesh viewer, even if it's just a part of a non-mesh item. So if they said the skirt doesn't require a mesh viewer, they were sadly mistaken.

Yes, Firestorm released a mesh-capable update shortly after LL officially released mesh in their own viewer. So many users were demanding mesh, Firestorm brough it out a little prematurely, with the warning that they hadn't had the time to fix the bugs yet. It's not necessary to update to the mesh version - unless you want to see mesh, of course. They have released on the Phoenix/Firestorm page that an update with bug fixes and new features is coming soon (no specific date, though), and Phoenix with mesh is supposed to be released shortly after that.

• Like 1

Faithless Babii wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Hey, Elle.

I don't know which blog you read that on, but because the skirt is partial mesh, a mesh viewer is required to see the mesh part of it.

I thought Firestorm was mesh enabled anyway?

If youre on a mesh enabled sim..Id guess it is..I have a feeling some are still not

I thought all of Second Life was mesh enabled?Faithless Babii wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Hey, Elle.

I don't know which blog you read that on, but because the skirt is partial mesh, a mesh viewer is required to see the mesh part of it.

I thought Firestorm was mesh enabled anyway?

If youre on a mesh enabled sim..Id guess it is..I have a feeling some are still not

I thought all of Second Life was mesh enabled?Faithless Babii wrote:

yes all of SL is mesh enabled..but it is an option that can be turned off by the estate owner- cant imagine WHy theyd turn it off though!

Faithless Babii wrote:

yes all of SL is mesh enabled..but it is an option that can be turned off by the estate owner- cant imagine WHy theyd turn it off though!

I can think of one reason: In a G region, to prevent some users from seeing others apparently nude. Disable all mesh, the user trying to wear mesh also sees him/herself as nude and changes clothes to something non-mesh, thus not appearing nude to themselves or anyone else.

Doesn't mean I like it, though...:smileysad:

I have to laugh. It reminded me of when I was a noob and I couldn't understand why nothing fit! I'd send notecards to designers asking for explainations! Gawd, they must have hated me! Of course now I can edit nano prims. My advice would be to learn to edit your clothing. It's a must in SL. I've never bought out of the box and not had to make changes. It's the nature of all of our unique shapes. Or buy mesh...with the assumption others will have the right viewers. Good Luck!

Sounds like you just need to adjust prims, use the resizer script, and wear a skirt shape sometimes?

If your butt is showing through, try wearing a tank top of a similar color underneath. Because of the way the textures split, if a pant doesn't have a top layer or a shirt doesn't have a bottom layer, your belly and/or plumber's butt will show.

I get so that I just don't buy anything unless I can see the back of it and/or tell that it covers where I want covered. Some things are really really low cut too, and it's not really suitable for my SL, so tank tops can really save the day.  ;)

One last suggestion: Shop sales,  promotions or even some easy hunts. Get samples for 0L or 1L and you can try that merchant's wares.

Your av in your forum icon looks gorgeous, so you must be doing something right.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.