Deploys for the week of 2011-10-31 UPDATED!!

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@Oskar, or anyone that might know from the community:

1) There is no mention of the RC Channel roll finishing on the Grid Status Page - has it finished is is work still ongoing?

Also 2), something that I've observed in the last 2 or 3 weeks:

After a restart our sim (a Homestead) has seemed OK, running at TD better than 0.97 and ping at about 140ms, but after about 24 hours we start seeing spikes of TD as low as 0.3, more often 0.65, with sim pings of several seconds.  These phenomena are very short-period transients, one or other of our scripted animals goes into low earth orbit, and I see some chatlag.

We did have a major server crash a few weeks back that showed some similarities, and I was told unofficialy that it was TIMEWARP.  We were moved to a new server, and all seemed well.

Now we are moved every scheduled restart (this NEVER used to happen) and these little spikes seem to be a constant companion now.

I just wonder if anyone else sees this effect, and if anyone can shed any light on what might be causing it?

I should point out that our sim is carefully audited to keep scripts to a sensible level, and others on the sim are experiencing this issue, it is not tied into a specific ISP, router or PC.

We have experienced the excact same thing with lag spikes down to 0.3, chat lag, high sim pings (bandwidth going to 0 for seconds), and physics objects flying through the air, for over a month, so you arn't the only one. I haven't checked if it has improved after the restart though as I haven't been much there.

Our estate manager have been unable to do anything about it, all we can watch is the stats go nuts every 2-5 minutes.

Hey Oskar

this isn't a gripe or anything but just to let someone know that our magnum sim is experiencing issues with sudden inworld chat lag and even scripts lagging severely or not working at all along with the symptoms Ayesha Askham mentioned.  It'll be working fine then act up then be fine again after  hour or so. A restart does fix it faster then waiting.

Thing is it's all appears to be random with no obvious causes such as lots of visitors or other high scripted items. However it does happen more often during peak SL traffic hours. I can't reproduce it in order to fill out a JIRA but wanted to give the headsup just in case it was something you've been watching

One thing to note we experienced these same symptoms a few months back and traced it to a faulty TPV that when more then two users of it would trigger the same problems once that viewer was repair the problem went away..perhaps a viewer is making excessive calls to the server?

I wanted to add my expression thanks for whaever was done in the updates  last week to the SL Main Serves...I have 11 sims in this island park estate and for the first time in months was actually able to cross sim lines with practically no notice....but what wow'd me was that the severe lag spikes to where Sim&Physics FPS would drop to nothing for no apparent reason...was not happening anymore.

When i logged in this morning.. Sunday Nov 6  I did notice after several days of smooth performance, several of the sims were again experiencing a similar severe drop in performance..for no apparent reason. :(  Hopefully temporary?  Thanks again , Oskar! ;)

We've had an issue with my magnum sims for about two weeks now where the sim will be working great then suddenly everyone on the sim will lag and sim stats will have the sim ping going sky high and sim and physics fps drop near 0 and remaining there until a restart. I have filed a JIRA on this (SVC-7423)

Other things we have noted:
1. All guests are effected the same regardless of viewer being used

2. Doesn't matter if there are 10 guests or 50 or how heavily scripted they are with this triggers

3. Usually happens when someone TP's in

4. On my sim it seems to happen more around 3:30PM when we have the most people TPing in at the same time for our event but will happen at any time of the day

5. This appears to be the same symptoms again that I reported on months ago that was traced to a faulty TPV version and was fixed by barring that specific viewer

6. These Symptoms did not start to appear immediately after the weekly upgrade of the Magnum servers but about 3 days later(been a problem about 2 weeks now)

7. The connected homestead sim which is also on Magnum will lag and need to be restarted at the same time

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.