Sign in to follow this  
Chronometria

RLV Relay - "This sim is not safe, teleporting home"

I was reading through Forceme Silverspar's blog when i came across an interesting piece of news that i thought was worth bringing to the wider adult community. I won't name names, this is more of a warning in case people have seen this message and are wondering what they should do about it.

In short, some RLV users have been getting "sim safety warnings" when going to sims and are getting teleported home. If you are seeing this sort of message, then disregard it as false. Remove or change your relay should you wish to visit that sim, it is safe.

Unfortunately, some RLV makers have decided that, should they fall out with the owners of a sim, they are going to play puppet master and prevent their customers from going there (via these alarming messages and auto teleports away)

I deplore this personally as a horrible way to treat people who place themselves in a very vulnerable position by trusting the good nature of such products. Should your rlv start giving you these messages, think very hard about where you got that item from and consider the nature of someone who would do that to you when you purchase from them subsequently.

Thanks for the heads up.  That's a shocking thing to do, and particularly with something like RLV, where trust is so important.  

To be accurate, it's not "some RLV makers." it's one particular scripter, who I didn't know even made a relay until today.   We can't name names here, but it's not any of the well-known people, like the members of the Open Relay Group.

This seems awfully messy, and a vulnerability in RLV for which a fix doesn't seem evident.  Other than having public "trustred scripter" lists available, I'm not sure how this can be addressed... and, of course, any such list just becomes another place for drama to play out.

(On the other hand, if the scripters claim in this case is valid -- a big "if" -- then people would be well advised to stay well away from the place from which the script teleports them.  People have lost accounts and all inventory for similar false AR shenanigans as were allegedly filed by that sim's operations.  So we see that the mere reputation of LL failing to deal sternly with false ARs causes damage all around.)

On the scripter's version of events, LL seem simply to have ignored this false AR.   This notoriously isn't their normal procedure when such allegations are made, so I'm left wondering what did, in fact, really happen.