Why can't I get dressed? *solved*

Ariel Vuissent

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can wear prims, and on some outfits my bottoms and stocking are showing, but I can't wear a top. I choose "wear" or "add," and it never loads; I still appear naked from the waist up. Help?

I have http textures disabled, use Firestorm viewer, and have my graphics settings on low. This has only ever been a problem once before, but I can't remember how I fixed it. I already cleared cache.

ETA: Thanks! It mostlly resolved itself. I fiddled with something, finally tried a new outfit, and voila! Suddenly I could wear things on top, too. Just a weird temporary glitch, I guess.

1 answer to this question

You've done most of the obvious things, Ariel.  Try some less obvious ones .... change your skin, or maybe your hair base.  You might also try disabling OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects (VBO), which you'll find in the Graphics >> Hardware Settings menu of Preferences.  Also, if you haven't tried it, see if you have better luck getting dressed on a lag-free sim like Pooley or Aqua.  There may just be a server problem on you own sim.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.