3ds max wiz daxter slav help

benku Cain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You probably need to use the Weight Table in the skin modifier. In 3ds Max, under your skin modifier, you should see a Weight Table. When you click on this,  you get a table of verticies and the weights for each 1. Find the verticies that you need to change, and adjust the weight. Remember that the vert needs to be weighted to something, so make sure you check all the bones that could possibly be weighted to the vert.

The SL mesh uploader will occassionally do that when yuo have two vertices on opposite legs that are too close to each other, like on the inner thigh. The first thing to do is check your weights in max and make sure you haven't allowed any verts to be influenced by the other leg bones. Next thing to do is try to upload with the current beta or mesh project viewer. It seems to have fewer issues. If none of that works, move the verts father apart before you export to collada.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I have a problem getting the generic SL avatar mesh created by SLAV to work as an avatar in world. I can get a custom built mesh to work properly in world exported from Max 2011 with the autodesk collada (fbx export version 2011.1) exported but when I attempt to upload the generic mesh (the upperbody for example) the skin options are greyed out in the viewer. it's not an earth shattering problem but I would like to get it working. Any help would be apreciated.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.