Sign in to follow this  
Ginette Pinazzo

Free 'Exploring Zindra' Flickr Slideshow Kiosk

We have an amazing Slideshow Kiosk that streams direct for the Exploring Zindra Flickr site. The site features fun, artistic and exciting photos taken by SL photographers all around the continent of Zindra. (anyone with a Flickr site can send images to the group's pool: check it out here: http://www.flickr.com//groups/exploringzindra) Read guidelines re" submitted photos.

The kiosk is free (buy for 0L) and there is a copy you can grab here

You can also contact Silvanus Northman or Ginette Pinazzo inworld for a copy.

The kiosk can be rezzed on your land  and doubles as its own 'giver'. Setup instructions are easy and are available if you TOUCH the base of the kiosk

This is version 1.x and there will be many more fun versions to come

WHY REZ THIS KIOSK?

This kiosk (and the Flickr stream) represent a simple way for residents to become involved in a cooperative project that helps promote Adult SL. It's a great way to get photographers involved, or anyone who may have exciting images to add to the slideshow. It;s a simple project that can lead to  more influential ones. Enjoy!

What do you think of the idea of creating an Adult SL Flickr group, asking people from the many existing  SL Flickr groups and exploring groups to submit (or to allow their pictures to be included in) suitable pictures, and do an Exploring Adult SL kiosk, thus promoting Adult SL as a whole as opposed, at least primarily, to the 12% or so of it that happens to be located on Zindra?

I think a Flickr site like that would be a great idea, though I dont think it needs to be an 'opposed to' situation. I think both ideas are valid. Its entirely possible if things progress as they might, that ZE will create such a site and companion slideshow and basically do a broader Adult SL version of this program. To me, this is just a step in the process.

The reason behind the Zindarcentric nature of this project right now, (and others like it) is in line with the overall philosophy that the mainland (no matter what that percentage is, by the way) is an access point and introduction for many to Adult SL. Aside from that, for marketing and implementation purposes, it makes sense to me to concentrate (in the beginning anyway) on the mainland because we can get momentum going and get the project moving easier on the mainland. Perhaps setting models for beyond.

Incidentally, I think the direction in which we are moving with ZE, will open doors for more and more projects like this that involve all of Adult SL, though many projects will always have that Zindra-focus as well. Room for both, I think. I like to think in terms of 'starting with the mainland' and incorporating Esates as we go along, whch is my worldview here. (speaking for myself) Of course, thingsare shaping up now (at this moment) where we are starting to design new projects that actively bring Estates together with Zindra, from the outset.

If nothing else, mainland (and ZE itself) can be seen as a remarkably effective way to centralize communication and help things 'get done'. I hope enough Estate Owners and Zindrans alike see the value in this way of thinking!

I didn't mean have one in opposition to the other.  

I just meant that  the idea of the project is presumably to suggest to people, here's some pictures of attractive and interesting-looking places you might want to check out, and you need to have verified yourself as Adult to do it.  

That being the case,  since there's already a far larger pool of suitable pictures on Flickr that could be used -- by agreement, obviously -- than those taken by a single group that limits the images to ones taken on Zindra, it might be an idea to try to draw on this wider collection.

Where are these boards intended to be displayed?   

I do think an Adult SL slideshow system along these same lines is a natural idea, and the Zindra one would make a good model for that. The Exploring Zindra images come from many different arists...not just one group, including many non-Zindrans. The idea is that the photos are taken around Zindra (thats the subject)...the actual photographers themselves can be from anywhere. It's very much like 'hosting' an event. When Zindra hosts an event (like Art Maze, for example), the participants coem from all over SL.......but the event occurs on Zindra. That's what helps the publicity.

Anyway, this slideshow program has resulted in some very good involvement, and has drawn people into the process, and I am sure an Adult SL version would be just as successful.

It is a tricky branding issue, though. One thing that makes 'Zindra' attractive with a project like this is that it has branding already bult in. Adult SL has yet to have any real branding per se, (if it ever will, who knows) which makes organizing a little harder, but not impossible. I myself have been trying to convince LL marketing that Adult SL needs some help in its branding department, for many reasons

WHERE DOES THE KIOSK GO?

The Exploring Zindra Slideshow kiosk is intended to go anywhere in A and M land. Anplace that wants a fun slideshow, likes photography,  and/or wants to spread awareness of Zindra AND Adult SL. Please dont forget that, while Zindra is in our name, we are working towards increasing awareness of all Adult SL. We view Zindra as a centralized way to do that. I hoep that answers some questions!

I'd misunderstood then.   I thought that you wanted to use this to interest people in Adult content, but if you're intending for it to be placed on Adult lands, then everyone who sees it there must already have verified themselves as adults and set their preferences accordingly.  

That being the case, why would I -- as an owner of an Adult private estate -- want to put out something encouraging my visitors to go and visit Zindra without there being any apparent reciprocal benefit to me?    What are you asking people on Zindra to put out encouraging folks to visit my place?

As to "branding" I don't think there's an issue at all.   "Adult Content" covers a multitude of sins, as it were -- lots of very different activities and forms of RP, which appeal to lots of different people.   Any one person will be left cold by some of them and, we hope, very interested in others.  

So, if you're trying to persuade people to take an interest in "Adult Content" in general, I'd have thought a good way to do it is to show people something of the variety of things on offer -- Gor, Femdom, BDSM, Urban, Medieval, Beaches, Clubs, CARP, Furry etc -- in the hope any given person is going to see, in the mix, something they like.     Which is why I thought drawing from as wide a pool of images as possible would be a good idea.  

I don't think location comes into it -- when someone tells me about an Adult place in SL I might want to visit, I'm not interested in whether it's on Zindra or not; I'm interested in what it's like and whether it sounds like my idea of a good time.

Innula, I think you keep missing the part where I say the kiosk can be placed in A AND M land. M = Moderate. It's been that way from the start of this program

And its mainly abt artistic photography, which I would say has universal appeal, and is one way to do outreach.

The focus of this initiatve is very simple: to attract photographers to contribute, to create a positive experience for anyone who participates or views the kiosk. To get people involved and show that Adult SL is about MORE than sex. That's the type of mainstream marketing you may or may not agree with, but that's where this is coming from

I do not see any 'competitive' angle to this at all.  I think this has collaborative dynamics built into it.

I'm not missing the bit where you say it it can be placed on both A and M lands.    It's the fact you want to place it on both that's got me confused.

What's the intended effect on someone who sees it on A land?  It can't be to encourage him or her to go and Adult verify, since he or she must already have done that.   

its a multipurpose program, Innula, not just for one purpose.

On M land, it may

1. increase awareness of Adult SL.

2. provide picturesque content.

3. encourage involvement in the slideshow (submitting photos) which, in M-land cases, would eventually mean requiring to be age verified to participate....and this involvement can lead to other programs...its one small way to provide an avenue of attraction

On A land it does the exact same things, save for number one, of course, although EVEN ON A LAND, despite the fact residents are already age-verified, positive programs like this can add creativite inspiration and interest. It shows that 'something is going on', and that is interactive.

Right, and why, as someone who pays US$295.00 a month (plus VAT as applicable) for a private A-rated sim, do I want to put out something that's "providing picturesque content" featuring other people's sims if there's no reciprocal benefit?

I already happily feature content about sims where there's some connection with my products -- e.g. I've got a shop or vendors on the sim, or even if I just think that my customers might be interested in that particular place (for example, Vesta and I do several FemDom products, so we're happy to promote FemDom sims, and we make other stuff that Goreans like, so we're happy to feature those, too).  But if I'm just featuring photogenic Adult destinations that happen to be on Zindra, what's in it for me?   That's the bit I don't understand.    It seems to be driving traffic all one way.

Innula, if this program is not for you, that''s fine. I've tried to explain the dynamics of it, and if you still don't agree it's in your interests to rez a copy of the kiosk on your land, or support this program, that is obviously your decision. I am not sure there is much value in continual denigration of the intent or operational aspects of it, though. I simply announced the availability of an opportunity to those who might be interested. No program is for everyone. I think that's well understood.