For the past two weeks my sim has been experiencing horrible lag. It is killing my club business

Asynja Xubersnak

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For the past few weeks my sim has been experiencing horrible lag.  I run a club and it is effecting every one on the sim and killing my business.   My traffic has gone from an average of 30-40 a set to less than 20 as people are so frustrated with the lag.  Sim restarts do not help, even when i do several a day! 

1 answer to this question

If you are on a Homestead sim, you're sharing the server with 7 other sims, any one of which could be doing something to lag the sim.  There's not much you can do about that.

If you're on a full sim, you're still sharing a server with 3 others, so that can still be part of the problem.  Whether that's it or not, though, have your sim owner use World >>. Region/Estate >> Debug >>  Top Colliders to identify physical objects that may be causing undue strain on the sim.  Then, look for any temp rezzers in the sim.  You can try to educate your visitors to cut down on the number of scripts that they wear, but that's a tough battle and it makes relatively little difference in the end.  Besides, that number probably hasn't changed dramatically in the past couple of weeks, so it's not likely to be the cause of your problem.

Take a look at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Statistics_Bar_Guide for clues about other things that might be generating your lag.

ETA:  Thanks to Peggy for correcting my numbers.  Fixed above.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.