Message shown when I enter my residence-How do I get rid of?

Airway

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made the mistake of accepting a free gift at Paradise Beach and now don't know how to get rid of it.  I have contacted the owner of the SIM, but he was unable to help me.  Every time I enter my skybox residence I receive the following message:

FreeBee SwimBall 0.9 (wear me)', an object owned by 'Airway', would like to:

Act on your control inputs
Animate your avatar

Is this OK?

I have selected both the "No" and "Block" options but this message continues to appear.  I have gone thru my inventory and worn items and cannot find anything that matches this item.  There is no object within my skybox either that matches this.  I want to delete this item and stop this message from showing.  Please help.

If you ask the owner of the sim (or someone with estate manager powers) to use the Region/Estate tools to search in "top scripts" for the object by name, he or she should be able to locate it easily and return it to you, from that window.

ETA -- I don't think you can be wearing it;  if you were, you shouldn't be seeing those messages.

Try this: in viewer 3 and one your land,

click world (top menu)

Hover cursor on  Place profile 

Click about land

Click objects 

look for the object owners window at the botton 

Click the circulat arrow to refresh the list

Look for the name of the object

Click it to highlight it 

you should be able to return it with the return objets button

TKR

If the object is only spamming you when you enter your own residence, then it does not seem that you are wearing it, but it must be rezzed in your residence.

If you are unable to see it, in the list of objects on the land, for example, or with an object scanner, then it is possible it has got inside another object.  Click on the things you have rezzed in your residence, and look at the "contents" to see if the swim ball is inside one of them, then you can just delete it from there.

The viewer you're using shouldn't make a difference here.

What's happened is that this beachball expects to animate you and to accept control events (that is, respond to your pressing the arrow keys on your keyboard).   If you're wearing it as an attachment, when the script asks for permission to do this, it's all done silently and automatically, so you don't notice.   However, if it's not attached, the script has to send a pop-up asking you.    That's the way LSL works.

Whoever wrote the script doesn't seem to have included proper error-handling to accomodate a situation in which the ball is rezzed on the ground, as opposed to worn, and the owner doesn't grant it the permissions it wants, with the result it keeps on asking you every time -- I would think -- you appear on the sim.

It must be somewhere on the sim.   The sim owner or an estate manager should be able to find it, and return it to you, using the estate tools at their disposal.    If this is a problem, then some third-party viewers like Firestorm have a search facility that should help located it, or you could try putting this script into a prim and touching it.   If the item's in 96 meters of the prim (assuming the name is right), it should locate it for you:

string s = "FreeBee SwimBall 0.9 (wear me)";default{    state_entry(){    }    touch_end(integer num){        llSensor(s,"",ACTIVE|PASSIVE,96.0,PI);    }    sensor(integer total){        while(total--){                llOwnerSay(s+" detected at "+(string)llDetectedPos(total));        }    }    no_sensor(){        llOwnerSay("couldn't find anything");    }}

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.