Can I get my chat logs back?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I was running two windows of the same viewer at the same time and had a really bad crash. When I restarted the viewer everything was weird. Interface colors were all off things did not run right so shut down and cleared cache but it did not help same problems. So I figured the hard crash damaged the software somehow so I uninstalled it and downloaded it again. I did not know the uninstalled button in the SL folder removed everything! So now I can't find my chat logs, they are not in the trash, is there a way to get them back?

7 answers to this question

You did not say which operating system you are using. I'll guess Windows.

You can roll your computer back to a previous Restore Point. Use a date before the uninstall. Preferably before the crash. They should come back.

If you have not made updates to your system since the crash, you should be good to go. OTHERWISE, find the chat logs and move them to My Docs. Then restore the computer to the newest Restore Point, or undo the last restore. 

If you are concerned a restore would mess up other updates made since you lost the chat logs... you can dig through the Recycle Bin. You may find them in there. But, I'm not sure how much Roaming stuff gets saved to the Recycle Bin on an uninstall.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.