Is there a way to see a list of gifts that have been bought for you from the marketplace?

JoeC Mixmaster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Quite a while ago, i think it was back in june maybe, my ex had gotten me this really nice tv, the  VEA 2 Full HD 1080p  tv from the marketplace, however, i see no record of taht in my order history or anywhere in my account, and i lost the tv and need a redelivery, but i cannot get that redelivery unless I have proof of purchase or something saying taht it was bought for me. Is there soem way I can view records of gifts purchased for me and their order numbers? This tv is over 1000 and really can't afford to buy another one, but it's a really nice one lol.

2 answers to this question

It would have appeared in your transaction history on your web site dashboard.  However, only transactions from the last 30 days are available.  So I'm afraid its too late now, unless by chance you had downloaded the information onto your hard drive.

Your ex does have access to the information on their marketplace order history and could copy and paste it on a notecard for you if they are willing to do this.

In the future you may want to copy this information at the time you receive it and paste it on a notecard that you store in your inventory or on a note that you store on your own computer.  You can also download your transaction history monthly to retain these records.

Most merchants do keep records of their sales and perhaps if you remember the date you received it he could look it up in his own records.  However, he is not obligated to do this.  Also, since TV's are always transferable (so they can be deeded to a group on group owned land in order to work) and there is no way for the merchant to verify that you didn't give it to someone yourself, the merchant may not be willing to replace it anyway.  Most creators have such a policy on transferable items.  If you needed warranty service and the TV had to be replaced, they would replace it as long as you could return the broken TV to them.  However there is no harm in contacting the creator and asking politely.

Depending on how you lost it, you may want to file a support ticket to see of LL can help you find it.  If it was group owned and returned though, it is lost forever because the server does not know who the avatar owner is, only the group.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.