Hey guys, wake up please!!!

valerie Inshan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just reported a bunch of the posts.

But, I can say this, I've about given up on this SL forum, as LL seems unable to prevent the daily spamming of the forum. 

I have a hard enough time trying to find relevant posts to read, and with constant spam, it's just not worth it.

Edited to add:  Also, I don't see this "Forum Feedback" section when I look at the forum.  I only saw this as it popped up as a recent post.     How is anyone supposed to find the "Forum Feedback" section? 

Changes may come m the form of maybe having a few moderators that have the power to remove forums/posts and ban the perptrators but to date, I've never seen hide nor hair of a mod.

I used to manage a few disucssion forums & if certain spammers realize we are unarmed, they will attack in droves.  But perjaps is what it will take for something to come into place here.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Dont give up Celestial please. I know this is utterly discouraging and we shouldnt have to do the mods's job. Unless LL grant us the rights to clean up that trash if the mods can't do it.

Thank you valerie!  Sometimes posting here is like shouting into the wind, we don't know if anyone hears us.  That's the frustrating part.

I'd gladly take on the ability to remove spam, if granted.  I'd even sign some kind of document stating that I'd only use the power to remove spam, etc.  Only LL won't do that for us. 

BTW, How'd you find this section of the forum?  I do not see it all when I look at this forum. 

While posting this comment, I see the path:  "Forums > People Forum > Forums Feedback".   But, after I post this, I no longer see that path when I click on "Forums > People Forum".  It is simply not an option. 

Void Singer wrote:

Rival Destiny wrote:

No idea why they don't have a few resident mods.  This is such a tiny forum would be such a breeze to manage & maintain.

because too many people whine about potential abuse of power (even though the original boards had them with great success)

Yeah, that abuse of power issue. Terrible stuff. That would never happen with official mods, right? Right?

I haven't been here long but I noticed an innocuous thread get pulled yesterday and I certainly didn't get notified of a reason why and my posts were in there and my guess is they were part of the reason the thread was pulled. Who knows?

As to the OP, it is well into the afternoon and a quick scan of what even I can pick out as one of the spammers shows the Forum to be loaded with spam of various types.

I decided to participate here because I will have extra time on my hands for the next few weeks, but I certainly understand what Celestial is talking about. I've popped in and out in the forums before and I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for those who have been here a while. I saw the old forum and it had its problems too, including spamming, but I don't see how they improved anything. I'm betting that this post gets yanked before the spam.

Btw, we can get "bleeped" here? o.O

/me is curious as to how that works and is tempted to see a first hand trial!

Ellyn Elan wrote:

[...] I saw the old forum and it had its problems too, including spamming, but I don't see how they improved anything. I'm betting that this post gets yanked before the spam.[...]

never was a problem with the vBulletin boards they used to have long ago, but then it was only accessible by users with payment info on file. the rare problems with people posting commercial stuff got moved and the threads that got out of hand were locked, all in short order by res-mods.... Then they "upgraded" to jive.... and made it available to anyone with an SL account... and the spamming began.... but jive had severe usability issues (like the fact it was designed as business blog ware).... then we got the current incarnation, and to make spamming easier they changed registration so that you don't even have to confirm your e-mail address anymore... although Lithium at least has better tools to use

I sincerely miss the days of PIOF only forums... for multiple reasons.

Void Singer wrote:

Ellyn Elan wrote:

[...] I saw the old forum and it had its problems too, including spamming, but I don't see how they improved anything. I'm betting that this post gets yanked before the spam.[...]

^ This ^  Has LL ever been known to rescind a decision?

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Void Singer wrote:

Ellyn Elan wrote:

^ This ^  Has LL ever been known to rescind a decision?

On rare occasion, but I wouldn't count on this being one of them.  Us useless users are actually useful for at least one thing... acting as LL's unpaid support slaves.  The ones that need the help the most are the ones that don't have PIOF.

...Dres

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

On the pages that show a box of 'Additonal Links' it's the bottom selection.

You can also select 'Float this board to the Top' in Board Options to make it show up.

Oh.   *laughing*  

Thank you Q!     Never noticed that before.  

Hmm, the Lab keeps the "feedback" section somewhat hidden.  Interesting.  Wonder if anyone at the Lab or their worker-bees actually sees this? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.