Getting a job in second life...

LiCkMyNuGhTz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that getting a job in second life is impossible.
You have to be anywhere from 60 to 90 days old even to apply to work as a host at a lame club.
I've been on and off second life far longer than most of these idiots, so why the hell can't I get a job? 

LiCkMyNuGhTz wrote:

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that getting a job in second life is impossible.

You have to be anywhere from 60 to 90 days old even to apply to work as a host at a lame club.

I've been on and off second life far longer than most of these idiots,
so why the hell can't I get a job?

I don't know, attitude, misplaced sense of superiority, not a team player, no commitment always on and off SL, lack of respect for others, expecting things to be handed to you on a plate or maybe a name that makes you unemployable to some?  I really don't know, I give up, you tell me why.

As in RL, most employers look for reliable workers, someone who is going to show up regularly ( some business owners actually make a living from sl) so it is imperative that the worker is reliable. And perhaps you just aren't the person that they require or are looking for, or don't have the experience they are looking for. You also said it yourself that you come and go. And another reason could be that SL reflects RL and there has been a large slowdown, people aren't spending as much "money" as they once did., I wasn't going to mention it, but calling prospective employers idiots is also not a good idea, it shows the contempt you have for a struggling business owner and perhaps they see this when you apply. Try being more patient and understanding of they're situation as well.

Sy Beck wrote:

LiCkMyNuGhTz wrote:

I've been on and off second life far longer than most of these idiots,
so why the hell can't I get a job?

I don't know, attitude, misplaced sense of superiority, not a team player, no commitment always on and off SL, lack of respect for others, expecting things to be handed to you on a plate or maybe a name that makes you unemployable to some?  I really don't know, I give up, you tell me why.

^^ QFT ^^

Unless you find an SL job that pays L$2,000 an hour, you would be as well off getting a real life job instead.

Seeing how L$2,000 is about $8 of RL USD, that is how much you would need to make in SL just to compare with burger-flipping wages in RL.

Thing is with an SL job, it is work. You end up working for some idiot who takes SL too serious, and SL work is not fun.

SL should NOT become a responsibility unless it is paying for most or all of your real-life bills.

So here is the plan, either get a RL job or put in a few more hours a week and then buy the stupid L$ and then when in SL, knock yourself out with buying small pieces of land, having some dream house, some pretty wife (who is probably a fat woman or a loser guy in RL)...

No need to work in SL, christ man, turn off the computer and go out and experience REAL life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.