The Secondlife Client won't show with no error message, what can I do?

Sycrinox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've recently downloaded Secondlife to check it out, and today I tried to start the client.

It didn't come up after I waited fifteen minutes with no error message. I uninstalled it and re-installed it again.

And still nothing. Is there anyway to atleast get the client to start?

1 answer to this question

Not much anyone can say to help without some computer specs.  The major hardware information need would be CPU and it's speed, your video card or adapter (along with any video RAM), your operating system plus the installed RAM, the computer type (desktop or laptop), and your connection to the Internet (cable or DSL, any router, and hardwired or wireless).

I can only guess that when you say "it didn't come up..." you mean that absolutely nothing happens.  It's as if you didn't even try to launch the viewer.  I've had that happen to me (not with the SL viewer).  It turned out to be a bad shortcut that was pointing to nothing (I guess).  If you are launching from the icon the viewer placed on your desktop try opening your programs and lauching from that shortcut......if it still does not work then you will need to find the Second Life folder and expand to find the .exe file and open it from there (that's what I eventually had to do when I had a similar problem).  If it works then you have some corruption of the installation.  Do another uninstall but before you try installing again search your hard drive of any file related to Second Life and manually delete them (there will be several).  Download another fresh copy of the setup from the website, close all background programs running (including your anti-virus) and install again.  If you are like I am and hate having your anti-virus shut down when installing anything scan it before you disable your av.  Restart your computer to get all the processes running again and try SL again.  All that is just a guess and may not be effective for your problem..........more information is necessary for anything other than a wild guess like I just made.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.