What's your favorite Anime?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

High School of the Dead is one of my choices, and there used to be a HOTD sim in SL; it is still there but is now a post apoc zombie rp sim, but still based on a Japanese city overrun by zombies.

My fave so far, though, is Black Rock Shooter.  The avatar of BRS is available inworld and on marketplace.

Black Rock Shooter 

Thanks everyone, for the replies! Some good animes mentioned. xD I'll have to check some of them out. I do remember starting Vampire Knight, but can't remember what interrupted me and I haven't gotten back around to watching. Lol. Haven't seen High School of the Dead, but have heard good things about it!

Would love to hear more replies about favorites. ^_^

I'm a big Miyazaki fan so it's a tough ask between 'Laputa' and 'Spirited Away' for me. I have a soft spot for the first 'Project A-Ko', which despite its deliberate silliness has some excellent animation. 'Ninja Scroll' is also something of a guilty pleasure, but I'll put it down anyway.

Finally, I have to mention 'Grave of the Fireflies'; it's just too harrowing for me to call it my favourite, but I have to give it credit for its sheer beauty, and for introducing me to the idea that anime could be more than transforming robots, naughty tentacles and exploding heads.

heh I also have a soft spot for Project A-Ko, and go back and watch it every once in a while just for the fun of finding all the little jokes in it (it kinda like watching the first Shrek movie that way). I even liked the original Macross trilo-series (hey I was a lot younger when those made it to english tv) but it's painful to watch now... some other guilty pleasures are Sorcerer Hunters, Steam Boy, Howls Flying Castle, and Bubblegum Crisis, and even Ranma 1/2

although overall I prefer series, and liked Saiyuki, Tenchi Muyo, and Avatar: the Last Air Bender (a billion times better than the live movie, damn you Shyamalan) Im hoping that Chobits and OH, My Goddess live up to the manga versions.... never could get into the likes of Blood, Bleach, Dominion Tank Police, or Vampire Hunter D... to much gore not enough story IMO.

another decent (but young, so it may bore some) one was Last Exile... I tried watching Van Dread, but the CGI is just painful, and the rehashed Starblazers (which I never liked anyway) story line was pathetic. one not to touch with a ten foot pole would be Queen's Blade (pubescent boys battle fantasy), and one of the few things I couldn't stomach even finishing a season of.

Ooh. I watched the entire Gantz series. I must say that the stories and ideas in it would never ever appear in a show made in America. The ending is kind of a let down though. I hope there is a second series. I also like Azumanga Daioh and K-On! And the last series I saw was called Working!! I don't know why the titles have exclamation points in them.

Kamichu 

thats the last one i watched :matte-motes-smile:

Before that the list was insanly long, at one point i was obesses with Fushigi Yûgi (Just hearing the theme song would bring tears to my eyes) and Sailor Moon.

I call myself Madlax a lot, so i must have liked that , even if it was stereo typical.

RG Veda is where i started, still ove watching it.

Whisper of the Heart started me down the Miyazaki path and is still my favorite to watch

I could go on for a long time :)

Bree Giffen wrote:

Ooh. I watched the entire Gantz series. I must say that the stories and ideas in it would never ever appear in a show made in America. The ending is kind of a let down though. I hope there is a second series.

i hope they never do..i love watching all those in subtitles..dubbed versions would just kill it for me..

Casshern i watched probably 25 times with no subtitles and no dubbing and would get caught up everytime..then when i finaslly turned on subtitles it was like watching a whole other movie..

Gantz didn't have the option to turn them off or i would have the first few times i watched..

i just love the language and how much more the emotion seem to be able to tell what is going on..

i just recently watched a movie called "The man from nowhere".. OMG if you have the chance watch it!!

it's not anime or based off of anime..but they could make one of it..the story and the two main charactors sucked me in so hard that i was pouring tears from 30 minutes  before it ended all the way to the end..

the asian movies and anime  and movies made from them that stay  in their native languages are my favorites to watch..

here is the trailer from The man from nowhere..some say it's like the taken movie..

it reminds me of both "The professional" and "Taken"..but way better than both as far as getting attached and sucked in..

• 5 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.