So where are the cities at?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been wanting to visit a place with tall buildings, shops, maybe Night Life - but it seems like all the Cities in SL are reserved for Roleplaying...I've been out of SL for a little while, so I'm unsure of what the latest hot spots are. My old favorite by Neil Protagonist vanished :matte-motes-crying: If anyone would suggest some normal cities for me, I'd really appreciate it. I miss the vibrant energy I get from them.

It's much harder these days to monetize sims so we see less and less tourist attractions while most are not some sort of revenue center.  Often, as you recall, it made sense to do fun sims with larger product lines as an enhancement and of course, most if not all corporate marketing has vanished.

Neil is a great builder but a professional game modeler who  has given up on SL and now builds for game studios.

However, there are still many fun destinations but I would consult the destination guide to see if there is anything you like but I am sure others can chime in with their picks.

Unfortunately, SL just doesn't do a good job of supporting high-density building. Yes, you can build what appears to be a full-sim urban area, with huge, detailed buildings... But almost all of it has to be hollow, unusable shells, because there aren't enough prims available, and there's no way to vertically subdivide a parcel, and even if everything else is perfect, you can only cram 40 or so people into a sim without making it a lag cesspool.

So you're really not going to find many places that combine a dense urban look with a vibrant night life, lots of shops, and the like.

Well, it's odd but most of mainland is hodgepodge. I think LL might've envisioned more cityscapes would pop up since they put roads in place, etc.

But there is Virtual Torino (Italy), there is Paris, and Berlin and London. Those are all pretty busy sims.

Also Bay City tries for a city like atmosphere.

Have fun.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

There are a fair few cities to be found some have many people others the occasional few.

But still there are cities in terms of how players or creators status them.

Inverness, Babbage, Bay City (a fave) Berlin 1960s, Kama, Nautilus, Bembecia, Calleta, Lionheart, New Dawn city, Dublin, London, Paris, Luexmburg, St. Pete city, Lutra city, rocky point, Elysium, Duplicity, Jupiter, Venexia city, Forgotten city, Nevasky and few others flaoting about. Like I said they're not all filled with skylines and some are very small or very ancient type place but it is really what you're into. I spend most my time in the Remnants of Earth city. 

Also there are a couple in Calendon one being the small city of Victoria and there's a large train system there from place to place, quite an adorable set of sims constructed there. 

Edited by isaacguiste
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.