Objects lost in-world (vanished yes, not just derendered or bumped to a different location)

Jordyn Starbrook

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A renter of ours paid rent for a week, got a group tag and rezzed an expensive table (no copy). All fine so far.

Until the guy logs off, logs back in, checks the rental and sees the rental is available and his table's gone.

(No, we did not kick him out of his rent, nor did we return his table!)

Did a sim check but to no avail. Also told him to clear his cache but that didn't surface anything either.

Are there any residents who have had an experience like this?

I know LL is updating servers, but I don't know if it has anything to do with a case like this.

I'm afraid his object is unrecoverably lost, but I'm just curious if there's a way for him to recover it.

Hi, with both the rental box reverted and the table gone, I would think that the server crashed hard and failed to make a final backup. When this happens, the server state reverts to the last good backup, so you get kind of an unintended rollback. You can relate the trouble with dates and times to support. They will not be able to recover the lost table, but sometimes they can help out with reimbursement. Other times, they will shrug and say too bad.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.