How to build/texture an instruction board with text and pictures?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I admit I don't have much experience in texturing and scripting. So,  right now, I am building an orientation area to teach people about SL (Walking, talking, sitting in a chair.. etc) which will be a one step before they do the experiment. The problem that I need your help and suggestions on is how to write on boards? how to put a picture? my questions may sound stupid but bear with me and I would really appreciate it if anyone could help walk me through the steps that I need to do.

Thanks a lot!

Griffin Ceawlin: Thank you so much for these helpful steps. It really helped me and I made my first texture and I am so happy :)

Sven Pertelson: Thanks a lot for the link, I found it really helpful.  Yes, it’s so unfortunate that the video has been removed.

I wonder if you guys know what should I do if I want to set the camera to video record in-world. As far as I know, Second Life removed their in-browser video capture feature and simply recommends a number of free third-party applications: What’s the best application?

I doubt there's any programmatic way to start and stop video recording from Second Life. I wonder if I can make users are responsible for starting/stopping at specific times, I imagine that I would need to include instructions on how to do so (it usually involves hitting a special key combination).

I am also wondering more about how to detach the camera from the avatar and place it somewhere with specific position/orientation.

I would appreciate any help on the video recording part.

You're very welcome.

I've never played with making machinima myself, but this page links to a lot of different third-party apps and this one to a lot of general info (unfortuanately, a lot of the video content has been removed but should be easy enough to find).

You'll probably want to look at this part of Torley's Guide, in particular, to learn about camera controls (ETA: Here are the basic camera controls in a nutshell).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.