Sign in to follow this  
Ellyn Elan

OK, I'll, um... bite...I need help with shopping for males

PG huh? Ohkay.

I have this friend (really!!!!!! this is for a friend) who is tired of looking like a Ken doll...down there. He wants a nice, realistic looking down-there male attachment. He is not into SL for the ... doing it stuff. It would be nice if it went up and down but it does not have any need to talk or emit things. It would be a plus if it went on and off easily. It needs to be able to be sized, I would imagine.

If SL male parts were cars, he needs a Taurus not a Ferrari. I'm sure he'd appreciate me saying so. (Is there a sarcasm emoticon?)

Neither of us has ever shopped for such a part even though we have many years of SL between us. While browsing parts might be fun for 1/2 hour of giggles, I'm pretty sure hardcore shopping will take longer than that and so we could use some helpful suggestions.

No orange Tauruses wanted.

Shopping for a male would be fun, too, but that is a different post (refers to OP subject title).

Edited: Oops. I see this went into the Welcome heading instead of the General Discussion. My bad. I don't see that I can fix it.

• Like 2

Hi Ellyn, I went shopping for one of those tauruses once with a male friend, never, never, never again !!!! Has your friend checked the marketplace, it will be much quicker to look there and find out what walks, talks, stands tall or lays down on the job etc lol

• Like 1

The X**** range is expensive but excellent quality and rather good fun too - so I hear, of course!

He has been in SL for part of those many years, eh?  I agree that MP might be a good place to start.  At least he will get an idea of the cost and the variations available.  Even if he ends up buying one that 'talks', he has the power to keep it silent. 

Since he apparently has never worn one of these attachments, the important thing for him to remember is to remove it when he does not 'need' it or at least make it invisible.  Very few men nowadays go out in public with their male attachment even hidden.  Since it is scripted, it can contribute to lag and others like to check transparencies (ctl-alt-t) and might embarrass him.  Or not.

Anyway, enjoy shopping!

• Like 2

I have a friend that bought a Lotus Brand one. It is easily colorable to match skin ( READ on how to do it) and is very realistic. Good luck to your friend!

They are not that expensive either and all "works" with the hud he says

Some random thoughts now that the project is underway. This is hard! :matte-motes-bored:

I had avoided the Marketplace because it has been my experience that if you type in something basic, like "sunglasses" that half of the selections are not sunglasses and half of them are, male-parts. I had visions of 32,000 options when I typed in p_ _ _ _ to search. However, excited by the prospects, I took the suggestions here and have wandered through rows and rows of pictures of anti-Ken doll-down-there parts.

:matte-motes-shocked:

Who knew?

Species, add-ons, colors, DOUBLES, spiked...

I need a moment.

I've seen a few of these in my time in SL. I've never stopped to ask, "Hey, nice not-Ken-doll part! Where did you get it and how does it work?" I've thought things, especially if they are huge and orange and go in one side of their partner and out the other. That's gotta hurt.

I'm glad I'm a female avi.

So many of these things look like I built them. This is not a compliment. 

There are only a few merchants that seem to routinely appear with anything remotely like quality. If you can't make these things look good in a picture on the Marketplace, my guess is they don't look so good inworld. That was another reluctance to use Marketplace as I thought it was too easy to make things look better than they are. It seems like few go to the bother to do that.

I think some of the artists who do terrific skins should work together with the parts manufacturers to create some more realistic looking thingies.

I have since learned my friend wants an uncut. Oh, way to make things more difficult! And really now this is TMI RL info I could do without.

He just had his 4th Rez Day. Just thought I'd include that for some kind of record of being a male avi in SL without a part to call his own or even desire for one. I always thought the standard time of male nOOb creation to part acquisition was measured in minutes.

In the category of "I wish they had this option in RL"; I like the assertion of some that there are " Lifetime Updates & Upgrades with new features."

I haven't decided whether I now need a cold shower or a gallon of eye bleach.

Please keep the suggestions ... coming! Help is so needed here.

• Like 1

Avoid xcite, unless you're looking for something really complicated that, imo, has so many nonsense options as to make it a chore to use. *avoids saying it's a pain in the ass, for obvious reasons*

I've also tried Lotus and Realasm and while they are nice, I still prefer the first one for which I actually paid.  It's the one from Dark Desires.  I know that by some standards it may be considered old or out of date, but Ishtara really knew what she was doing when she created it... it has held up quite nicely (which is quite a feat, considering all it's been through... lol).

It's not that expensive, it's modifiable so it's easy as hell to match to your skin (there is a hud that will get you close, then you can play with the coloring manually until it's just right) and it's operating hud is the easiest I've used.

A little advice to pass along to your "friend"... as with most of these types of devices, it is highly scripted and should not be worn unless it is going to be used (hiding it won't help).  The same goes for any other type you might buy or even any other heavily scripted item you might want to wear (hair and shoes and stuff).  Keeping your script count low when you're out and about is the best thing that you can do for yourself and everyone else in SL as well.

Good luck ...Dres

• Like 1

We did a user rating on another site recently but I can't post it here...too detailed as this is a the New and Improved PG Adult Forum..lmao.

VAW is another good choice and very reasonable.  Best off it's easy to use (which I could say more but I can't).

Go check it out as well as the XCite X4 which is IMHO the best but a Ferrari, VAW is not quite a Torus but it is at least a Lincoln. 

Just a note to any moderator who might be monitoring this part of the forum:

Having this be a PG discussion about the Adult Forum Content is bizarre, to say the least.

Just look at this pretty tame question and the surrounding discussion. I feel like I'm talking like a toddler, which will get me in trouble, too! Wee wee's and pee pee's and Ken dolls and thingies. 

I realize that SL is a bit like Alice Through the Lookingglass but for crying out loud.:matte-motes-confused:

• Like 1

Ellyn Elan wrote:

Just a note to any moderator who might be monitoring this part of the forum:

Having this be a PG discussion about the Adult Forum Content is bizarre, to say the least.

Just look at this pretty tame question and the surrounding discussion. I feel like I'm talking like a toddler, which will get me in trouble, too! Wee wee's and pee pee's and Ken dolls and thingies. 

I realize that SL is a bit like Alice Through the Lookingglass but for crying out loud.:matte-motes-confused:

clap.gif

...Dres

• Like 1

Dres: Do you know if the Dark Desires part is still available and if so where? I did an inworld search on Dark Desires and came up with a lot of things but nothing that looked like a parts store. I did a search on Ishtara, whom you mentioned, but I don't see the name coming up in a people search.

I'm making a shopping list with the help from here and the mind boggling search on Marketplace.

I gave the url to this thread to the part-less friend. As to my remark that he is more in need of a Taurus instead of a Ferrari he quipped that Ferrari's make sports cars and so they finish quickly. Cracked me up.

• Like 1

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

I think Dres may have meant
, which is owned by Ishtara Rothschild.

That's exactly what I meant.

@Ellyn's missing membered friend: LOL!!

...Dres

Thanks for the clarification, Innula and Dres. I will look after work. Somehow, while I feel I can safely post to a Forum during work on my work computer, I think I'll leave the part shopping for at home!

• Like 1

Another option is Aeros, it has nice detail and the HUD is a work of art. Very steampunk like if I had to choose a genre. I will say that it has more options than I could ever see a need for particularly since my main purpose for its purchase was for my occassional stroll on a nude beach. Of greatest importance to me was the ability to accurately match my avatar skin tone as a man of color having a good range of textures was very important to me. They have done nice work here.

the best way to search the market is using the directories on the side..

first go to

genitalia

then male or female..

i show 591 items under male..

set the items per page to 96 and it ends up being 14 pages to look through..

• Like 1

Whoa! Freaking whiplash here! How did this thread end up here, in the general discussion forum? It WAS in the adult section, albeit inadvertently put in the "welcome" area and not the general area of the ADULT forum.

OK. This is just weird.

I guess it is no more weird than a thread going missing elsewhere because of a simple discussion of whether there are stupid people or not.

/me shrugs. Here in the General, there in the General, I guess it doesn't make a lot of difference but it DOES put some of the posts in a different context!

Anyway, back to the topic at, um, hand! :)

• Like 1

It's now in the Adult Content--General Discussion subforum, as opposed to the Adult Content--Welcome subforum, which is where it started.   Did it go somewhere en route?

If your friend wants it only for appearance sake when he's nude, he should find one that is mod/copy and remove the scripts so as to not contribute to lag.  He can make a copy first though in case he ever needs it to function.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

It's now in the Adult Content--General Discussion subforum, as opposed to the Adult Content--Welcome subforum, which is where it started.   Did it go somewhere en route?

I could have sworn it was in the regular General Discussion subforum (under "People"?) and then it moved here. :)

• Like 1