Textures in Viewer 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi   Has any one noticed in Viewer 2 that the texture is not displayed correctly on a prim that has been set flexible, and the texture display set to planar?   I was wondering if this was just a hiccup in my system or will I have a lot of work to change the textures on the sails of the boats I make.    I mostly use Viewer 1 for builds as its totally better and only noticed this flaw when I down loaded Viewer 2 to import mesh objects.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Mont

Wow, somebody goofed on this one, for sure.  The behavior is quite interesting. 

On a cube, sides 0, 1, and 3 behave as if the projector stays put while the object moves.  Slide the object side to side along the local X axis, and you'll watch the texture scroll across the surface.  Sides 2 and 4 are just all kinds of screwed up.  It's hard to make heads or tails of it.  Textures do anything from exhibiting totally bizarre repeat values, to actually getting radially twisted up, almost like polar coordinates are being applied.  It's got kind of a neat psychedelic vibe to it, actually.  Side 5 behaves normally, which I guess maybe is to be expected, since that side is the base, and so can never be affected by the flexing.

Prisms and cylinders each exhibit their own variants of these same behaviors per side.

I'd say this deserves a JIRA.  I would go ahead and call it a showstopper, if you've got products that depend on it working properly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.