Is there a way to have a full sim, split into two parcels be half adult and half Mature?

Aislin Evermore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't own a sim so I may be way off base but the way I understand anyone with the proper land rights can set their parcel to any rating they desire.  So I don't know why it would not be possible.  The only "obstacle" I can imagine would be that someone in the mature part of the sim with enough draw distance set for their viewer would be able to see into the adult section.  I think it would be a problem with the sections was general..........but it's mature so I'm pretty sure that issue would not be a problem. 

I'm on mainland and the sim is rated mature...........I know I can set my parcel to adult if I want.

At the time it was a 1. something....even before 1.23.  I did that experiment about the time age verification came out when everyone was up in arms about setting your land to adult (or age verified, at the time) did not work........it was wrought with problems and people were being locked out of their parcels by setting the parcel to that rating.  Incorporated my best friend in both SL and RL to help me.  I made her equal owner of my parcel so that she could change the setting if I was locked out.  She was not age verified and I was.  I made the change and she could not enter my parcel, I could.  She went and age verified and she could enter the parcel.  My experiment told me what I wanted to know.....it worked for me on a mainland parcel (Philudoria) and my friend.  I changed the setting back to not be age verified simply because I had no use for that setting on my parcel.  Since that time there have been numerous users that are not age verified enter my land.

What I'm saying is that a parcel can be set to adult when the sim that parcel resides in is mature.  I don't see why it would work differently for estate land.  I haven't bothered to repeat the experiment since it really matters nothing to me.  I'm just saying I don't see why the person wanting his/her portion of a sim to set to adult when the sim is mature.  If some change has been made by LL then I suppose I could be wrong.......but I've heard of no such change.

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

...What I'm saying is that a parcel can be set to adult when the sim that parcel resides in is mature.  I don't see why it would work differently for estate land.  ...

Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I can set my sim to require "age verification required", and not necessarily have the sim flagged as "adult".

Requiring age verification is just a simple matter of me not wanting kids around.   While checking "adult"  involves me "identifying" my sim to LL and anybody who is looking at the map, as someplace that is adult-oriented.   As already posted, this identification happens at the Region level.

Just setting your land to deny access to non-age-verified avatars, will not change that flag on the map to "adult".   Although for all practical purposes may well have the same end result (ie:  kids can't get in).

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.  ;)

I would say your story is good enough to stick with it.  :)  I guess I wasn't mincing words well enough to understand the question as asked?  Maybe..............but I believe a sim can be divided up to have adult content and mature content and the sim, itself, carry the mature rating.

I hope this back and forth gave the OP the answer he/she was looking for anyway.

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

I would say your story is good enough to stick with it. 
:)
  I guess I wasn't mincing words well enough to understand the question as asked?  Maybe..............but I believe a sim can be divided up to have adult content and mature content and the sim, itself, carry the mature rating.

I hope this back and forth gave the OP the answer he/she was looking for anyway.

No, unfortunately not, setting your parcel to age verified only doesn't override the region maturity rating, if you host adult content on a mature sim you can be abuse reported, even if you have parcel restrictions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.