Sign in to follow this  

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Secondlife (H2G2-SL)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We are looking for roleplaying reporters and contributors to our new and still lacking H2G2-SL blog site. Check it out at http://h2g2sl.wordpress.com/ if so inclined, just getting the project off the ground so we could use a lot of help yet. Primarily we need staff writers, freelance contributions are most welcome also. This type of thing has been tried before in SL, but not with the same level of fanaticism I am giving it. Lots of ways to help and get involved, hit me up in world (DarthVenger Blackheart) for details. 

For in world updates please feel free to join our group, "Galactic Hitchhikers"

Do you rough it, slum it, and face incredible odds? We might have a job for you then. Galctic Hitchhikers is the IC RP group for H2G2-SL. We are looking for grid savvy writers with a good sense of humor. The H2G2-SL project isn't just about recreating a destination guide, the goal is to provide offbeat and in character observations about the myriad of sci-fi RP sims. 

In world we have Guides available for free  to sim owners and roleplay admins to place in your sim, they offer a URL to our blog site, a free towel. 

We now have two field offices in world, stop by and check us out

Botany Bay Colony Field Office

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Botany%20Bay/77/48/33

Spinwheel City, Paquin Planet Field Office

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dakini%20Land/164/171/1907

We are right at the ground level of the project, so there is plenty of room for suggestions, and a real need for help to get this thing off the ground. I am always available to have a chat, so hit me up. medium_h2g2_logo.jpg

If there was a "like" button here I would be prompted to press it. Have you seen the Sirius Cybernetics avatars on the marketplace? If your brain is the size of a planet then pick one up for all your robotic sulking needs xD 

*(Product plug is unsolicited, unasked for, and unappreciated.....oh why do I bother? Seriously though check em out, pretty hoopy stuff, and be sure to rate and say who told you about them :P )

I have had a couple IM inquiries wanting more of a job description......

H2G2-SL is an IC role to play in addition to what you may already be doing. We are looking for correspondents involved in sci-fi RPs around the grid . We want to hear about the places you love to roleplay in, we want your stories, commentaries and off the cuff observations. 

You can join us as a staff writer and get assignments on stories to cover, become your favorite RP sim's official correspondent, or just submit freelance articles. We welcome event announcments, and breaking news. Sim owners and RP admins are encouraged to send us notecards in world with the IC summary of the sim, and any important OOC info you want known, and we will of cousre include SLurls. 

One of the chief goals of the Guide is to help engender cross sim RP. If your sim has a webpage we would love to include a link on the Guide page or to have ours on your page. Anyone curious for more details is more that welcome to hit me up in world, Im a talkative sort, I would love to chat. 

http://h2g2sl.wordpress.com/

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/H2G2-SL-10-Boxed/2855829

The inworld version of the Guide is now available on the SL Marketplace for a small fee, if you would like one for free they are available at one of our field offices. 

We are still looking for a few staff conributors and freelance writers....we want YOUR stories, tell us about the places you love to RP in! Contribtions can be submitted in notecard form to DarthVenger Blackheart. 

Coming soon to the H2G2-SL page: Hyperspace Bypass- Does your favorite RP sim have its own website? We would love to put a link up for you, Contact me with your URL and we will display it among the galaxy's finest. 

H2G2-SL welcomes Seven90 Blackcinder to our staff! He is a deranged robot hell bent on destruction, and has been placed in charge of SL according to the Cybernetic perspective. He also makes the coffee around the office. 

Our staff and their current assignments:

DarthVenger Blackheart aka "V" - Editor

Hillary Querrien- Paquin Planet Companions Guild Representative, and Spinwheel City staff writer

Xev Blackcinder- Nightclubs, bars and cantinas 

Seven90 Blackcinder (no relation to Xev,lol)- Life Robotic, and your plastic pal thats fun to be with

We always have room for more writers, if you would like to represent your planet or space station contact DarthVenger Blackheart in world. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.