Sign in to follow this  
Ginette Pinazzo

Zindra Expo group meeting w/ Estate Owners: Review and Log

Saturday OCT 22 The Zindra Expo group hosted a special meeting that included welcoming and opening collaborative dialogue with Adult Estate Owners across SL. I was happy to see good turnout and active participation. Connections were made, and ZE hopes to see new ideas and new projects spring from ongoing dialogue. We'll be having more meetings and will be efforting to strengthen these conenctions, to bring to fruitition exciting collaborative projects that give Estate Owners even more of a voice in the development of Adult SL.

As our Google sites are down at moment (kicks Google), the chat log from the recent meeting is available as a Notecard within the Zindra Expo group notice archives, and will also be posted on our Zindra Business Blog.

Note: I also posted this here as a test to see how a new thread would survive the LL moderated forum process. now that this forum has 'gone public'. My sense is that, its not difficult to discuss topics of policy, movements, or specific projects related to Adult SL/Zindra using 'safe' language. Yes, marketing specific retail items could be a challenge. I'd love to see an LL-written introduction that really overviews a guided purpose of the forum, (if there is one that's specific)

Delighted to see an adult content forum at last. It's only taken about  2 years to get off the ground. Am very curious to see what kind of topics will get flagged and censored by the mods. I'm pretty sure the same nanny filters  will still be operating here as they do on the other threads.

^L^

I'm not at all sure, I'm afraid, that I can think of many issues that affect Adult Estates as a group.   I mean, I can think of plenty of matters owners of -- say -- Gor sims or FemDom ones might wish to discuss with owners of similar sims, and possibly generate ideas they could take to LL (or, more likely, the people running the new Welcome Centre) about publicity and promotion, but I'm really not sure what issues there are that affect me simply as an owner of some sims that I've flagged as Adult that I would need to discuss with LL which I wouldn't be discussing with them anyway, as a sim owner.

OK, there are very specific issues -- SVC-7283 probably had a disproptionate effect on adult rp items, for example,  though its effects were by no means confined to those -- but that was pretty well handled via the jira and direct communication between Oskar and Maestro and the people most affected by it, who needed to get their sims switched to another server channel.

But apart from that, I can't really think of much that I need to discuss with LL at the moment as the owner of an adult sim that's part commercial and part residential, other than marketplace issues (which affect me as a merchant and content creator, not as a sim owner) or issues that affect all estates whatever their rating.

ETA -- come to think of it, I would have far more concerns, as a sim owner, about LL's policy on Adult and Mature content if I owned Mature sims rather than Adult ones, because it's the owners of Mature sims that have to worry about what's allowed and what isn't -- one of the main reasons we made our places Adult, whatever goes on there,  is so we don't need to bother about that.